Chapter 6. You'll be okay.

Techno pov.

     I watch her, my heart warming at the sight of her smile, "You're right." I took a step back to space between herself and I, "I'll go talk to Philza, we should be leaving in less than an hour." I turn and stalk towards the door, opening it and ducking my head slightly, her bedroom door entrance being oddly shorter than the rest of the entrances. I stop, midway from leaving and glance at her, "We might be able to get there by tonight." I give her a small reassuring smile, as to hopefully not shock her with how long the traveling will take. She only nods in response and turns away to busy herself. I wait for a moment, keeping my eyes on her before exiting the room fully and pulling the door closed behind me. That's when I notice him and that stupid look. 

     "See anything interesting in there?" Phil teases, the smirk on his face and the humor found in his eyes said it all.  "Oh, shut it Phil, I'm not the married one." Phil's cheeks turns a light shade of pink and he begins laughing loudly, "Me being married has nothing to do with whatever you two have going on." He hums and walks past me to the kitchen. I can't help but smile and follow after him. 

     "Did she say anything to you?" Phil peeks over his shoulder to look at me while working on preparing food to take on the trip with us, I watch as he begins to dice mushrooms rhythmically. "About the trip I mean." He finishes speaking a few moments after his first line. I nod, "She said she'll come with us." Phil pauses, the knife stopping midway through a mushroom, "Are you serious?" He's staring straight at me, "You're not joking are you."

     "Nope, never, not me." He chuckles and shakes his head, his hair falling in his face slightly, "You better not be joking, Techno." He stops cutting again and points the knife at me in a playful sort of way, "or else you're gonna be on my bad list, you little shit." We both go quite and stare at each other for a moment before busting into laughter. I can feel my tusks dig into my skin slightly, welcoming the unfamiliar feeling. It feels nice to be able to relax like this, to be able to laugh so freely without worrying about someone finding out.  Phil began to package the food he's prepared into 3 separate tupperware's, there being much more than what was needed for the trip. He really is like a dad who over packs. Phil put the tupperware into a bag and then turned to me, leaning against the counter behind him, "Could you go find Sushi? I found a lead for him and we've got to leave soon, I can get y/n while you find him." 

     "Heh? I guess." He doesn't say another word as he pushes off of the counter and makes his way towards y/n's room. "hmm.." I look around the room to see any clue of where Sushi might be, this will either be really easy or is going to take forever depending on how evasive this cat is when it comes to me. I suddenly see a dark tail swaying by the a closet with a sheet covering it at the end of the kitchen, the sheet moves a little bit as the tail vanishes into the closet. "Easy it is then." I make my way over to the closet and pull the sheet back to peer inside, looking for the cat inside. I'm taken  aback when I see a pair of eyes staring back at me. A large decorative mirror is hanging on the wall, I can see almost all of my body in the mirror. I notice my scars and turn my face away from the mirror, not being able to stand to look at them. 

     That's when I notice all of the words. The walls of the closet are covered from top to bottom in phrases, single words, random thoughts, and reasons for something. I run my fingers along the walls and trace the words, what is this all about? Why would y/n have something like this in their home? It's as if she felt the need to convince herself of something. Odd. I see a red hand print on the wall and place my own hand against it, it being completely covered by mine, the hand must have been from when they were younger. Directly above the handprint are the words 'You'll be okay.'. The writing is messy, and clearly done in a rush, as if they couldn't have written it out fast enough, it's barely eligible even.  I take in all of the words written along the walls, some of the words are nothing but mere scribbles. The voices in my head begin to pipe up the longer I look, '....Weird...lies..........what's not odd about a mirror closet in your kitchen....' I roll my eyes and snap out of my fixation with the room when I hear Phil call my name, "Oh." I look around and feel Sushi rub against my legs, I bend down and pick him up carefully, cradling him in my arms. I promptly exit the closet with Sushi in my arms. "Did you find Sushi?" I hear Phil call from the hallway. 

     "Yeah." I make my way into the hallway, where Phil and y/n are waiting, ready to go, "sorry if I took too long." Phil just shrugs and ties the lead onto Sushi so he won't get lost during the trip and hands the end of the lead over to y/n. They smile at me, they're eyes squinting in the corners slightly from the movement. '.....Oh, that's cute.....' A random voice chimed in and my face flushed slightly, I mean, who was I to disagree with the truth? 

Y/n pov.

     Oh boy, am I ready to go on this trip? I smile at techno, trying not to hint to any of the doubts I have. I'll be fine, right? Yeah, I'll be okay. I take a deep breath and take ahold of the lead from Phil, Sushi only looks up at me and meows once. He doesn't seem too happy to have been put on a lead. I lean down and scoop him up into my arms, letting his chunky self just relax in my arms. Sushi got comfortable as Techno and Phil gathered up everything they decided to bring with us. Before I knew I even knew it, we were already leaving.

      I watched as the place I had called my home for years on end slowly got farther away until it finally disappeared into the tree line. Phil attempted to comfort me by patting my back, "I'm so proud of you y/n." I look up at him, "what?" I think my face spoke louder than my words, my confusion quite evident. Phil began laughing, "It's not that big of a deal, I'm just proud of you for finally thinkin of yourself for once." I smile at him, "haha, yeah." Oh. I guess I shouldn't tell him that I heard what he said this morning.  The three of us, walked in silence for a while.

Techno pov.

It's been quite for a few hours now, only the occasional commentary from Phil or Y/n. I tend to keep quite on these sorts of trips, it's easier to look out for danger if you're quite. Usually I would be on constant guard to make sure nothing surprises us, but this time I seem to keep getting distracted. Mostly by the voices or of thoughts of y/n. Like right now, I've begun to think about things I could do with y/n when we make it back to the house. I've heard from her that she's always liked to bake, but she doesn't get to often. Perhaps I could talk Niki or Puffy into giving me a few lessons in baking? I'm not sure if anyone else I know would be good at baking, maybe Wilbur...? I'm not too sure, he might start a fire in my kitchen if I ask him for help, even if it was on accident. I groan quietly and clear my thoughts to pay attention to the surroundings again, especially as the sun begins to start going down. I begin to notice Phil's hidden markers, signaling that we're about 30 minutes from the house. 

Phil taps on my arm suddenly. I turn to look at him, confused about why he might need my attention. He suddenly holds the lead of Sushi, that's when I notice y/n is being carried on his back, her eyes closed, she looks as though she might asleep. "You weren't paying attention, so you get to do the hard part." Phil hums and lets go of the lead once I take ahold of it. I watch as he began to walk a bit faster than before, as if he had suddenly gained back his energy. I followed after him, walking until we finally see the dim glow of lights and smoke coming from the house, I guess Ranboo tried keeping it warm for us while we were gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah, 2 chapters in 2 days? I just drank a monster for the very first time and got so much energy, I just wrote this whole chapter in one sitting in under an hour and a half. I didn't even proof read, so if there are a lot of mistake, my bad- I'm usually asleep at like 9:30 pm and it's almost 12:00 am right now lmao.

Let me know what you thought of this chapter and what you think might happen next. :]

wow 1630 words in this chapter