Chapter 4. Deep Breaths.

Techno Pov.

     I'm not sure what it was that urged me to step in, the feeling in my chest or the voices rampaging in my thoughts. As I watched her fumble for an excuse, any excuse, I began to feel my chest tightening. My heart hurt seeing her try to stay in this homely dusty cottage. The voices in my head only caused the ache to worsen.
     "...unsafe..... convince her..... take home..... keep safe... don't... sick..." the voices as a whole collective seemed to say the same things, talking over each other, not leaving much room for my own thoughts. I stepped forward, putting my hand on Phil's shoulder and leaning forward to look at her slightly, "What's stopping you?" The words left my mouth before I had even thought it through. What right did I have to ask her to do this for herself, for us? For me..?
     I stared her down, not breaking eye contact. If she seemed uncomfortable in the slightest, I would talk Phil out of trying to convince her.

Y/n pov.

     What's stopping me? That's a good question. Fear? Worry? I'm not sure it's either of those. I think I'm just more comfortable here. It's safe. It's just me and Sushi most of the time, but we have our routine. It is nice having other people around though, I don't have to worry about something happening while no one's here to help. Maybe I should go with them. It might be best for me in the long run, especially for Sushi.
     A hand sets down on my shoulder as Phil crouches down in front of me, getting eye level. "We'll be leaving in the morning, so you can sleep on it okay? We can help you pack if you decide to come with us." I nod softly and notice Techno watching me, he gives me a small smile before turning to go in the house again. Phil checks to make sure the broth is still warm before following Techno, leaving me outside alone. I sigh and lean back in my chair, my head resting against the top. I don't want to burden them by coming along but he seemed really serious.
     I relax in the chair, my eyes snapping opening when I feel something heavy land on my legs. A soft meow comes from Sushi as he rubs his face against my shoulder and chest. I smile at him and put my hands on either side of his face, rubbing his cheeks with my thumbs. He sits down in my lap and purrs, enjoying the attention. I lean down and kiss the top of his head gently, "How do you always come at the right time?" I wrap his up in my arms and get up from my chair. He wiggles a bit to get comfortable as I walk inside with him, leaving the broth outside. As I make it in I breathe in the warmth of the house, Phil or Techno must have started the fire place.
    Sushi gets tired of being held and jumps out of my arms, landing on the floor with a loud thud. He walks away from me with a long stretch and his tail swaying behind him. I hear rustling coming from a room and then feet running, "y/n?" Philza comes running from around the corner, he stops when he see me just standing there. I smack a hand over my mouth to keep from laughing. Right now Philza is standing in front of my in a frilly apron and holding a duster. A small snort escapes me and Phil smacks me with his duster, "and here I was thinking you had fell." He crosses his arms, slightly irritated. Techno peers out from where Phil came from before, him also wearing a super frilly apron, it being way too small for him. "Pfft-" I begin laughing to the point of nearly doubling over, "why-" I take a deep breath and catch my breath for a second, "Why are yall dressed like that?" Phil looks irritated, "incase you don't want to come with us, we're getting rid of all that dust you've collected." Techno looks slightly embarrassed, "you had these aprons in closet so we thought it'd be fine to borrow them." I smile at him, "mhm yep, it was fine." I had different more masculine aprons that they could have used, but I wasn't going to tell them.

Techno pov.

     "Phil?" I speak up as he comes inside the house. "Hm." He's quite, his gaze barely meeting my eyes before turning to do fiddle with one of the many pictures hanging on the walls. "What if y/n doesn't want to leave here?" Philza sighs and looks up at me after a few seconds of silent thinking, "Let's just hope that's not the case." He looks around before sighing heavily once more, "but, in case she does want to stay we should make it better for her." Phil begins to walk away from me, but I follow him closely, "make it better how?" Phil only chuckles, "oh techno.." He stops in front of a closet, he turns to look at me before pulling the old creaky door open, "by cleaning." My mouth drops open slightly at what I see, "you want us to- I can't- no." Phil reaches into the closet and pulls out two frilly aprons, they were clearly meant for y/n seeing the size of them. Did he expect me to fit in that?
     Phil turns to me, aprons in hand, "Take your pick." He has a smile on his face, like he'd been planning this the whole time. I groan and reach out for one of the two at random, the was no use trying to fight Phil with this. If y/n see's us in this... what is she going to say... oh god. Phil finishes tying off his apron as I gain the willpower the just put mine on in general. My face is warm with embarrassment from the situation, I can hear all of the voices making fun of me. "....TECHNO-CHAN..... L..... Nerrd..... LMAO..." I try not to focus on any one specific voice as Phil shoves a duster into my hands. "Let's get to work!" Before he even finishes speaking he's already started dusting every object he can get his hands on. A quite laugh escapes from me as I join him. If y/n doesn't come with us, then we'll leave a little bit of us here with her.
     I gather my thoughts and begin to tidy up the dusty home. Phil begins to hum a toon as he works along side me, soon we hear the front door open, but pay no mind to it. "She'll probably be heading to bed mate." Phil mumbles, I don't think he wants her to see us like this either. A loud thump is heard from near the door and we both stop to look at each other for just a moment before Phil breaks off to see what the noise was, "y/n?" He calls out and makes it around the corner. I follow behind him, my worry overpowering my embarrassment.
     I hear her laughter before I see her, she was brought to near tears at the sight of us. Hearing the sound of her laughing at me caused my cheeks to warm, "We couldn't find any others." Phil rolls his eyes and makes a comment.

Y/n pov.
     Phil, done with me making fun of him took off to clean more, leaving Techno and I alone in the hall. "Y'know..." I hum, amused by the man in front of me, "frilly clothes look good on you." Techno scoffs at the statement and rolls his eyes, becoming tired of the unrelenting teasing as well. "Oh yeah sure." He pulls the apron off of himself, "you should go get some rest." He turns to pick something up, "why?"
     "Because you have an important decision to make tomorrow."
     "Oh."
      Techno stops and just looks at me, one of his eyebrows are raised slightly higher than the other, "Oh? Did you forget?"
     "No, I didn't." I shook my head and began to walk past him, patting his arm as I walk by, "I'll see you in the morning." I forgot about it, but I wasn't going to admit that. I'll just tell them that I want to go in the morning though. I make my way to my bed to resign for the night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this is shorter than usual, whoops
1444 words

This chapter is bad because I have writers block, so have cringe-