Chapter 17. Thank you.

Techno POV.

     As I helped Y/n into the bed, she clung onto my arm. Even as her frail body sank into the pillows, she never let go of me. I stood still next to her as she kept me from moving away, silence filling the empty space between us. I awkwardly met her gaze. "I'm glad you've finally woke up.." I rambled in an attempt to make conversation. Y/n only rolled her eyes solemnly and sighed. The light color that had returned to her cheeks was suddenly fading again. She finally released my arm, as if holding onto me drained her. She rested her arms in her lap as she leaned back against some pillows. 

     "Sit with me for a while?" She hummed, her unused voice sounding so foreign to my ears, the effort of it causing her to clear her throat with a cough. I hesitantly sank down onto the bed beside her. I still can't help but feel guilty about all that had happened. If I hadn't of gone with Phil to Y/n's house, maybe she'd still be there, safe and sound. She'd stay at home and read with Sushi. She'd not be this ill. It's all my fault. My eyes avoid her stare on their own. The voices are silent, waiting. Why are they waiting?

Y/N POV.

     "Techno.." I coughed again, trying to clear my throat, the sudden energy I'd just had feels as though it's taken away the little bit of what was left in me. He's avoided eye contact with me the entire time he's been in the room. Have I disappointed him that much? I search his face for any sign, but I can't seem to find any. Techno's expression remained completely unreadable. Has his face always been this blurry? I sigh, I've been beating around the bush for too long. I need to tell him, I can feel it coming. 

     "I think it's time."

     The silence in the room was even louder than it was before. Techno had completely froze, so I'm assuming he understood what I meant. "No, I don't agree." Techno was staring at me, I could feel how intense his gaze was. "Techno.." 

     "No, Y/N, I can't believe that. I can't accept that!" Techno began to raise his voice towards the end of his line, it went silent again, I could hear his deep breaths being taken. A slight shake could be heard behind every word he spoke. We stayed like this for a few minutes before I began to fiddle with my fingers, "Will you meet me in my next life? If tha-"

     "No, no don't say that, you can't say stuff like that." 

     "We can't avoid it, It's a miracle I've survived this long."

     Techno shifted his weight to turn more towards me, he stared me down, his eyes searching my face for something. I couldn't bring my eyes to focus long enough to make eye contact. At least one more time..

     "I won't forgive you if you leave."

     His response took me by surprise. Forgive me?  So I did do something wrong..

     "Take care of Sushi for me?"

     Techno met my speech with silence. I feel like he couldn't think of how to tell me no.

     "Just.. stay." His voice shook, a shaky inhale coming from him between words. It was a pitiful attempt to keep his voice from breaking. The pure desperation in his voice was enough to have kept me here, if only I had a choice. It was as if there was a clock ticking, marking every second that we sat there together. 

     "There's nothing left for me, Techno." I mumbled out, trying to ease his pain.

     "Don't say that... I'm right here." There it was. The break. I could here the sniffles coming from the large piglin man sitting in front of me. I couldn't think of what to say, so I only sat in silence as he wept before me, over me, for me. 

     "I can't see you." I spoke without thinking about it, I just wanted to see him one more time. He didn't respond as I reached out, my hands not coming into contact with anything until I felt hands come into contact with mine. They grabbed hold of mine so gently, as if fearing breaking me. Techno guided my hands to his face, pressing his lips softly to one of my wrists. I smiled slightly as I caressed his face in my hands, wiping his tears with the tips of my thumbs. I carefully pulled him closer to me, him giving into my touch. "I don't want our last moment to be sad."

     "It's not our last." Techno spoke with a firm voice, as if what he said could be true. I almost wanted to believe it, but I could hear the ticking getting closer. 

     "No... I wish it weren't."

     Silence filled the room once more as Techno pushed my hands away from his face in order to wrap his arms around my body, pulling me close. My cold body begins to feel warm, warmed than it's ever felt. I can feel him. His love, his genuine, heartfelt love. I could hear a soft grunt come from him as he squeezed me even closer to him, "I still have so much to tell you.. I nee...y/n...lo....ou...." I could feel myself drifting in and out as he spoke, and then, there was nothing. 

Philza POV. 

     It all happened so fast, but the scream. It sounded deep, but was filled with cracks, as if the person making the sound couldn't bare to make it. That scream sent chills down my skin, it shattered my heart into a million pieces. I knew exactly what it meant. Y/N had finally given up. Oh God. I felt my knees hit the snow, my body wrecked with intense grief. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teehee :)

I enjoy suffering

This chapter physically hurt me-

Would you be mad if I told you it's almost done? >.>

993 words