Meet the team

This is the second chapter. Hope you enjoy it. By the way, I don't know anything about how Canadians talk, so if you know anything, feel free to message me about it.

Garth sat in the back seat of the company car his boss had provided him, which was taking him to the rocket launch facility. The car stopped by the main entrance and he got out, carrying his duffel bag of things he brought for the trip over his right shoulder and walked in. He asked a worker where the rest of the crew for the shuttle was getting ready, and was kindly given the directions. He walked in the given directions, and then he suddenly ran into Miss Susan Storm, his boss's (Victor Von Doom) director of genetic research, carrying a few bundled up grey suits in her right arm as well as holding a blue suit like the one she currently wore in her left arm. "You Garth?" She asked. "Y-yeah." Garth nodded. "Your just in time." Sue said as she handed him the blue shu it she had, which then then grabbed with both hands and held it up in front of his face. "Follow me." Sue spoke, which made Garth move the suit down away from his face and followed her down the corridor and then into a main room. "I mean, who the hell even came up with these?" He heard a voice ask from within the room. Garth had been told he would be going with Victor, and a bunch of scientists. "Victor did. The synthetics act as a second skin. Adapting to your body's individual needs." Sue answered as she and Garth entered the room.

Garth looked at the people in front of them, a black haired man sitting by a computer who then stood up, a bald guy standing by a locker. "See, that means it keeps the hot stuff hot and the cool stuff cool." Garth heard a voice, looked to his right to see a dirty blonde haired man wearing the same blue suit, sitting on a set of box. The black haired man came up to them, looking in awe at the suits. "Wow. Fantastic. Made from self-regulating, unstable molecules. I've been working on a formula for this." The man said, grabbing the suit the bald man was holding. "Great minds think alike." Sue said. Garth now started feeling like he was invisible, as all of them were oblivious to his presence except Sue. The man held the suit up to his face, looked at it for a few seconds, before his eyes looked rigthwards, then he moved his face towards Garth. "And you are?" He asked Garth. "Garth. Garth Martins. Victor wanted me to come along, to help with the plants." Garth explained, and in his minds he was glad he was now being noticed. "Well then, welcome aboard." The man spoke, before he turned his face to look back at the suit. "Here you go, Ben." She said as she moved to the bald guy, Garth now knowing his name, holding out of the grey suits. "Thank, sweetie." Ben said, before Sue then turned to Garth. "Garth." She spoke, before she gave him one of the suits. "Thank you." He said, taking it with his  then walked down the room, found a private spot abd unbuttoned his shirt, took off his trouser and put on the blue suit, the grey one then going over it.

Later, they had reached Victor's V shaped space station, and docked at it. "ETA until cosmic event, 9 hours." Victor said, as they all walked out of the airlock. Garth felt a bit shaky after the space flight, having never been fond of flying. He had talked a bit to the other scientists, who he now knew theirs names; The black haired man was Reed Richards, scientific genius and actually Sue's ex boyfriend. The bald guy was Ben Grimm, former astronaut. And the dirty blonde guy was Sue's rather childish brother Johnny, also a former astronaut. "If your good, maybe next time, daddy will let you drive." He heard Johnny say to Ben. "You keep talkin' there won't be a next time." He heard Ben reply. Garth came out to Reed's right. They all stopped in front of one of the viewports, Garth looking at Planet Earth in awe. "Long way from the projection booth at the Hayden Plantitarium, isn't it?" He heard Sue say, before she walked down the corridor, for a second in front of Garth's view. He then looked back at Reed. "Yes. Yes, it is." Reed replied. Garth stared at him, before suddenly bending his upper body down and started another fit of coughing. "You all right?" Reed asked, his eyes narrowing with worry. "I'm fine." Garth said back, waving his left hand, moving his upper body back up. "What's your profession, Mr Martins?" Reed then asked, curiously. "I'm a biologist, and have quite a knowledge of botany. Probadly why Victor brought me here." Garth explained. 

The two then headed to the large circular main room, Garth moving over to the railing and resting his forearms on it.. "We can monitor the clouds approaching and observe the test from here." Sue explained. "Is it safe?" Ben asked Reed, who both on Garth's left. "The shields on this station should protect us." Reed answered, though it gave Garth a pang of worry, looking leftwards at Reed. "'Should?'" Ben asked with concern, as Garth then noticed Victor was approaching. "What's the matter, Ben? Getting paranoid in your old age?" He asked. "Let's start loading those samples. Ben, get your suit ready." Reed said, getting in betweeen Ben and Victor. Garth then moved his forearms off the handrails and turned left to face the others. "Actually, Ben...I'd like to go out with you." He said, despite not having thought it through. Ben instantly turned to face him. "No way! This isn't some walk in the park, son!" He replied in a serious tone, before Victor then chimed in, which made them all look at him "Let him. Go out and get those flowers ready, Garth. After all, that is why I brought you here." He said with a smug, but Garth couldn't tell if he was joking or not, despite knowing his boss was never the joking kind. Ben then turned back to Garth. "What do you know about space walking?" He asked, his tone still serious. "I read a manual earlier this morning." Garth replied, giving a sheepish smile. "All right. Fine. I'll let you tag along. But you do exactly what I say." Ben said, his tone slightly less serious. 

"Okay then." Garth grinned. Ben then walked past him, which made him turned around and then  went after him. "So I see your still doing all the heavy lifting." He heard Victor say to Ben, which him, and then Garth stop in their tracks. "Maybe you should have stayed in the lab. Fieldwork never suited you." Victor said rudely, as Ben and Garth turned around, and Ben moved over to Reeds left. "He does the talkin'. I do the walkin'. Got it?" Ben asked rhetorically and defensively. "So, take a walk, Ben. Actually, if you'll all excuse me, I need to borrow Susan for a moment." Victor said to everybody. Ben then walked away from Reed and headed down the corridor, Johnny coming up on his left and Garth followed in between the two."Sure." Garth heard Reed say. Ben then slowed his walking down, moved alongside Garth and kelt over to his right ear. "Your about to go out into the vaccum of space itself with any training of any kind. What's going through your head?" He whispered. "Maybe I just want to do something incredible before I die." Garth shrugged.

And that's the second chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment.