Storm in space

This is the third chapter. Hope you enjoy it.

Garth stood by the airlock in front of Ben in a space suit. Johnny stood behind Ben, finishing preparations to his suit."Please tell me your guys not trying to rekindle things with my sister again." Johnny said as he then went to Ben' front, his back to Garth. "Of course, not. It's strictly business." Ben replied. "Yes, well... his eyes see differently, don't they?" Johnny asked, pressing buttons on Ben's right arm. Ben then Moved his arm a bit. "Hey, 2 hearts got busted last time. Maybe she's not over it either." Ben spoke. "Wow, Dr. Phil, that's deep. Let's think about that." Johnny said back. Jonny, just give us those flowers and let us out already." Garth said impatiently, before Johnny then walked over to the flower samples they had brought up and picked them up, while Ben and Garth went into the airlock area, Garth on Bens left. "You got Victor, more money than God, stud of the year, and you got Reed, world's dumbest smart guy, worth less than a postage stamp. That's a real toss up." Johnny said as he hooked the flowers to Ben's suit. "Don't trouble your little tiny mind." Ben said back, before Johnny tapped his left arm on Bens right shoulder, then turned around to take on look at Garth.. "Don't wonder off now, boys." Johnny said as he stepped out of the airlock and walked towards the airlock control computer. 

Garth looked at Ben, who then nodded, and Garth nodded back. They then turned to face the glass airlock door as it closed, and watched Johnny salute them and give them a double thumbs up. Garth and Ben also did a thumps up. They both then turned around to face the outer door, and a second or two later, it opened, Garth squinting his eyes slightly from the bright light as the door opened. Once it opened fully, Ben went first, walking over to the edge and jumped forwards out of the station, towards the railing like structure up ahead. Garth followed, moving to the edge a second later, and bending his knees slightly, (doing what Ben did, and from the basic stuff he learned earlier, arms out in front, and then jumped, heading in the same direction as Ben. His head was filled with pride and jubilation, being space, experiencing something only a handful of humans have ever experienced. Garth came up to the railings and grabbed it with both hands and used his hold to move himself over the railings, and then placed his feet on the structure floor. He then moved to face Ben, who was busy getting the flowers ready. "Ben, Garth, need to get inside now!" He heard Reed yell out on their comms. "I ain't done arrangin' your flowers yet, egghead." He heard Ben say on his comms, but he then suddenly noticed what the problem was: a large amount of orange was heading towards the station. "Uh, Ben..." Garth spoke, just before Reed spoke "Ben, turn around." Reed said in the comms again. He saw Ben turn around to face the storm. A moment later Garth turned around to face the airlock, seeing Reed and Johnny standing behind the glass. "I'm coming back!" He cried. "Garth, something must be wrong with your comms. We can only hear static." Reed said back. "Great! Fantastic! I can hear them, but they can't hear me!" He thought in his head sarcastically as he then stepped over to the edge as fast as he could and the jumped. "Guys, I'm not gonna make it." He heard Ben over the comms. "Ben, you gotta jump! It's the only way!" Johnny cried into the comms. As he moved closer and closer to the airlock, Garth was hoping he would jump.

A few seconds later, Garth made it to the airlock, grabbed the right hand side door wall with booths, moving himself around to see Ben approaching. "Come on, Ben! You got this!" He heard Johnny say into the comms. As Ben approached, Garth held out his right hand,  then noticed ben glowed orange for a moment, then moved it and his body aside against the wall as Ben came in, as the door starting to close. Just before Ben struck the glass door, a small orange bit of the storm flew into the airlock, and struck Garth's suit, making him yell out in pain. He then started feeling dizzy and faint, then his legs started to give away. He fell down on the ground, holding arms out as he fell, then his arms stopped holding him up and the rest of his body fell down on the ground, his eyes a smidge open before they closed.

A few days later...

Garth felt his senses return as he regained consciousness. He let out a groan as he opened his eyes a tiny bit, then opened them a bit more, and then fully opened them, the sounds of medical monitors beeping came to his ears. He saw a brown wooden ceiling above above him, feeling from his hair and back he was lying in a bed, looked left then right to see a doctor holding a checkboard walking towards his bed, noticing him looking at him. "Ah, Martins, you're awake!" The doctor said, as he came up to his bedside. "Where am I?" Garth asked, still feeling a bit groggy. "Easy there. You're back on Earth. Bosses medical facility. You guys are on quarantine." The doctor explain, as Garth rubbed his eyes with his right hand. "How long was I out?" Garth asked. "Three days." The doctor asnswered. Garth held his hand up above his head, stared at it for a second as he processed that. "Huh." He spoke. He then moved his hand away from his face and looked back at the doctor. "Anything about me, eh?" He asked, as he bent his upper body upwards with his arms moved out by his sides, his hands touching the bedsheets. "Nothing unusual. Vitals are normal. No blood irradiation. Another day of observation and you lot are cleared." The doctor replied before he then turned around and started to leave. "Doctor." Garth spoke, the doctor stopping and turned around to see him. "Do you know... about the..." Garth spoke hesitantly, pointing with his right hand around his chest area. "Yes. There's nothing we can do about that. I'm sorry." The doctor answered before he turned around and left the room. Garth then took off his shirt and looked down at his chest.

He looked before he felt a cough coming along, moved his left hand up to his mouth and had another fit

He looked before he felt a cough coming along, moved his left hand up to his mouth and had another fit. This time, when it stopped, when he moved his hand away, he saw small amounts of blood on it. Not a good sign.

That's the third chapter done. Hope you enjoyed it. You'll see what Garth's (whose obviously sick) powers are in the next few chapters. Please leave a comment.