Battle

This is the tenth chapter! Hope you enjoy it. The main fight takes place in it.

Garth walked out on the street, in a world of his own, when he then heard strange rumbling noises coming from The Baxter Building. He stopped and looked over his left shoulder to see all the lights in the building go out, except for the top part where Reed's laboratory was, flickering strangely. He wondered if anything bad was happening, but felt there wasn't much he could do at that moment, especially after what had happened earlier. The strange thing with the lights and the rumbling sounds stopped, and after that she shrugged his shoulders, looked ahead and then went back to walk. Then a few minutes later, he heard the rumbling sound again and when he turned around to see what was happening and saw the lights happened again, then he noticed that the lights of several skyscrapers were going out as well. This seemed a bit much of something he couldn't ignore to him, so he ran in the direction of the Baxter Building.

A few minutes later, he reached the building, being careful of the glass on the floor outside the entrance, the door strangely being in pieces, went in the lift to the lab, got out and find Sue crouching on the floor near somebody. Garth ran over to see that the somebody was Ben, and he was normal again! Garth knelt down in front of Sue, on Ben's left. "Sue!" He heard a Johnny's voice. "Johnny! The machine worked! Give me a hand!" Sue cried, looking up towards the lifts, an excited look on her face. Yet Garth didn't feel as excited as he'd previously thought he would. Sue then grabbed Ben's right arm with both hands and started to lift him up, Garth grasping Ben's forehead with his left hand. "Ben." Johnny spoke as he came up to them. "Get his arm." Sue ordered, before Johnny grabbed his left arm and together, with Garth pulled Ben up via grabbing the two front ends of Ben's beige overcoat. "You all right, Ben? Put him on the step." Johnny said as they both turned around, Garth letting go and stepping back. "What happened, big guy. I leave you for five minutes..." Johnny began saying as he and Sue set Ben down. Garth knelt down in between Sue and Johnny, staring up at Ben. "The machine. Vic used it on himself. He was affected by the cloud like us." Ben explained, which surprised Garth, thought he mentally admitted that it probadly explained why his scar was metallic grey. "Where's Reed?" Sue asked. "Vic must have taken him." Ben answered, before he looked up rightwards, Garth looking upwards to his left to see a large hole in the glass window by the catwalk above them. Johnny and Sue then got up on their feet, Garth doing so a second after, followed them both to the balcony, Sue opening the double doors, and he stepped out last after them. He stared down at the wreckage, then turned his body slightly to the left, turned his head leftwards/upwards to see the hole again. A few seconds later, he suddenly heard the sound of a rocket, turned around to see where it was coming from, saw a missile coming from Von Doom Industries Headquarters. "Oh, no." He heard Johnny say, which made him turn his head leftwards to see him walk over the edge of the stone balcony, knelt over the balcony edge. "We gotta get out of here." Sue said. "I got an idea." Johnny spoke, steeping back, moving his arms in an odd way, but it was obvious what is 'plan' was, Garth's eyes widening as he realised it. "Don't even think about it." Sue warned him. "Never do." Johnny replied, before he then moved over to the balcony and then jumped arms first off the balcony. "What are you doing? Johnny, no!" Sue cried as she ran to the balcony and looked over it, Garth ran and looked over the balcony to Sue's left, both seeing Johnny still falling, the missile going down after him, then his body then suddenly became surrounded in flames, and then literally flew in down the street just before he hit the ground, the middle still following him.

"Well, I'll be damned. Johnny really can fly, eh?" Garth spoke in surprise, and then he knew what he had to do next. He then turned his head leftwards to face Sue, who also turned to face him. "Get your suit." He spoke, before they both turned around and went back inside"We have to help Reed." Ben spoke as Sue came up to him and grabbed his shoulders. "It's too dangerous for you now. You have to stay here." Sue told him, before she walked away from him, Garth following behind her. He then stopped in his tracks and turned around to face Ben. "What did I do, Garth?" Ben asked, his voice and face full of regret. "You refused to accept your gifts. Unlike us. Unlike me." Garth replied, pointing his right index finger at his face, finally decided and admitting to himself and one of the group that he accepted/embraced his powers, and also his change's. Soon, he and Sue changed into their blue Fantastic Five suits, and made their way to Von Doom Industries Headquaters. They entered, and split up, Garth heading for the 'Executive Elavator' while Sue went in another direction. A few minutes later, he reached Victor's office at the top level, exited the lift, ran across the outer room, towards the glass that divided the two rooms. "To think I was about to share my life with you." He heard Victor's voice say. He then came upon a glass pane, ran up to it, making it smash as he entered the room, instantly turning rigthwards, clenching his hands into fists and moving them up into a stance. A few feet away from him, he saw Reed covered in frost strapped to a chair, gas cylinders with pipes connecting them to Reed, and a green cloacked figure who turned around and Garth saw, behind the very intimidating metal mask, were Victor's eyes. "Consider this my resignation." Garth growled bravely before he moved his right hand forwards to punch Victor, only for a loud clank! to be heard upon impact, his hand suddenly feeling limp, so he withdrew his hand and turned around, holding his right forearm with his left hand, seeing the limp hand dangling downwards. "Oh, man!" He spoke, moving the hand, but to no avail, but it and his things barely moved, only doing so when he then moved his forearm up and down, the hand and fingers flopping with the motions. "Accepted." He heard Victor say behind him. But Garth didn't give up. And he did not panic, knowing his powers would soon kick in. He then turned around leftwards and punched his left hand, but the same clank sound happened again, along with the same feeling. So he turned around again, and help both forearms at an upwards angle, seeing the limp hands facing downwards. "You should stop." Victor said. "All the Dinosaurs feared the T-Rex." He muttered, before he turned around again, then he started to move his right leg upwards, intending to do a kick, then jumped off his left leg, intending to kick Victor in the face, but when his leg made contact, he saw his lower shin bend, but all it felt like was as if he stretched a muscle.