Captured

This is the nineteenth chapter! Hope you enjoy it! Over 1200 views!

I don't own any characters except Garth, and, in a way, Jeff Wagner.

Sometime later, the Black Forest, Germany...

Garth, in his suit, was with the others towards the main tent among the black military vehicles in the hastily built military camp deep within the forest, where another, presumably the last, crater had been formed. General Hager was by the tent, his female aide coming down the with a piece of paper. "Sir, he's holding his position north of here." The aide said, Hading him the paper. "Good." Hager replied, Wagner by his side, as Garth and the others came up to him. "General, give us a one mile perimeter." Reed demanded. "Forget it, Richards. You had your shot, and you blew it. This is a military operation now. So jam the signal, get out of the way, and let us do our job." Hager said back, before walking besides Reed and kept walking, making Reed and the others turn around. Garth (on Johnny's left) couldn't take much more of this man any more. "Yeah, Richards. Just stick to science and leave the hard stuff to us." Wagner said as he past by the group, "You don't understand." Reed said to him. "No, you don't understand! So let me make it clear for you and your pack of freaks here." Hager said loudly and meanly, Garth being offended by being called 'freak', as it made clench his hands into fists and narrowed his eyes a bit. "I'm the quarterback. Your on my team. Got it?" Hager said, using sports to simplify. "But I guess you never played football in high school, did you, Richards?" Hager then asked Reed, which made Garth turn his head rightwards to face Reed. 

"No, you're right, I didn't. I stayed in and studied, like a good like nerd." Reed answered. In Garth's case, he did play sport in high school, which, being from Canada, was ice hockey. "And 15 years later...  I'm one of the greatest minds of the 21st century. I'm engaged to the hottest girl on the planet. And the big jock who played quarterback in high school... he's standing right in front of me, asking me for my help." Reed added as he stepped forwards, Hager also stepping forwards at Reed mentioning him. Garth moved his head after Reeds movement, his eyes widening at the revelation. The two men were now very close to each other. "And I say he's not gonna get a damn thing, unless he goes exactly what I tell him to do, and starts treating my friends and me with some respect." Reed added. Hager did a weird smile in response, before turning around and stepping back to his aides. "Give him what he wants." Hager ordered, before he and Wagner, who didn't look happy, walked away, Garth let out a sign of relief that it was over just like that.. Sue then stepped up to Reeds right. "I am so hot for you right now." Garth heard her say, before he noticed Johnny stepping up to Reed his eyes widening as he stepped a little too close to Reed, then moved his left arm over Reed's right shoulder, so Garth raised up his left arm and hand, and started to open mouth when suddenly... "Me too." He spoke, touching Reed before Garth could say any words, causing their powers to switch. " be careful, Johnny." Reed reminded him. "All right, let's go to work." Reed then added, before they got thier powers switched back.

A few minutes later, Garth (as were all the others) was carrying a grey metal suitcase/briefcase like box in his right hand, walked together deeper into the forest. They came upon a tree line which had a good view of the crater. "This is it. You have your coordinates. Set up your posts and rendezvous back here." Reed ordered, the group splitting up, Garth walking forwards to his assigned position, which was to be in the very centre of the area needed to contain the Surfur. After a minute or two of walking, he came up to his position, held the box over a bit of smooth enough ground. He pressed the button on the top which deployed its four small legs, set it down on the ground, pulled out the thin cylinder top, which caused the four sides to separate and mechanically lower away and knelt down. This revealed the device, topped with a glass sphere, pressed the button Reed had told him to, causing the machinery lights inside glowing orange. He then removed from a socket in the lowered side facing him, the thin cylinder shaped device, placed it through a hole in the glass top, the machinery around the device glowing blue once it was all the way down. This indicated the machine was activated. "Whats our status?" He heard Reeds voice ask over his earpiece, which had been provided to him and the others. "Yeah. I'm good to go." He heard Ben reply. "Same here." He heard Johnny say a second later, Garth moving his right hand to press his earpiece. "Good to go here." Garth replied, before removing his right hand from his earpiece. "Almost there." He heard Sue say. As Garth stood up and turned around and was about to start heading back to the rendezvous, he then began to wonder where the Silver Surfur was, fearing he already gone, or was waiting to pounce. "Guys? We have a problem." Sue said over his earpiece, Garth noticing fear in her voice. "What's wrong?" He heard Reed ask, fearing/dreading the answer. "He's here." Sue answered. "Get out of there, right now!" He heard Reed order. Then he started to run.

Garth then ran through the forest, towards where Sue's coordinates were (they knew everybody's coordinates), the heard the found of a missile flying through the air, looked leftwards and upwards, to see a missile heading to the direction he was heading, towards Sue and the Surfur. "Damn it, Hager!" He thought in his head as he kept running. He then came up to a small clearing, saw Ben, Reed, and Johnny standing in it, looking at an angle slightly upwards, and when he came up to them, on Ben's left, he was the Silver Surfur, flying around more missiles, flying around and deflecting them. Then it surged towards a ridge, where Garth could faintly see some military vehicles, presumably the missile launchers, parked on the edge. The Surfur then used its powers to fell the trees before the ridge, then caused the launchers to blow up. "Let me just..." He heard Johnny say. "No, wait!" Reed said back, Garth glancing rightwards slightly to see him holding his PDA, and Johnny slightly flaming his body. Looking forwards again, Garth then saw that the Surfur was heading towards them. "Reed." He heard Ben say, as his eyes widened. The Surfur kept on coming. "Come on, Sue." He heard Reed mutter, but his eyes were fixed on the Surfur. "All right, it's up." Then then heard Sue saw on his earpiece, but nothing happened. Somehow Reed was taking his time. "Reed." He heard Ben say louder, as the Surfur brought up its right fist, then it started to glow white. "Got him." He heard Reed say, then a second later, he saw the Surfur jolt and move like as if he was in pain, while heading down to the ground. Garth saw the Surfur go down into the dense trees, and couldn't see it anymore. So he followed the others as they headed to that position. 

After almost of minute of running, they came upon the downed Surfuer, but to Garth's, and probadly the of the teams surpirse, they saw that Victor had beat them to it. "Victor! Stay back!" Reed ordered as they came up to them, then stopping, Garth on Johnny's left again, looking downwards towards the Surfur. "Your the quarterback." He heard Victor say quietly, but he kept his eyes on the Surfur, who laid down unconscious on the ground, noticing it was not so shiny and was a more darker grey colour, no longer silver. He presumed this was a result of him being separated from his board. Sue then stepped towards it and knelt down, looking at it, Garth then noticing a look of concern on her face. He suddenly then heard the sounds  of vehicle engines, looked over his shoulder to see a dozen shoulders approaching. "The cavalry is here." He said to no one in particular, as he watched the soldiers encircle the Surfur, their guns trained on the Surfur. He then saw Hager, his aides, and Wagner standing by the vehicles. "We got our alien." He heard Wagner say, who stared at the Surfur from where he stood. 'Move him out." Hager ordered the female aide, who nodded. "Move him out? To where?" Garth asked in his head, wondering where on Earth they might be going.

And that's the nineteenth chapter done! Hope you enjoyed it! Sorry if it was short. The part where Wagner tells them to stick to science was inspired by when Kenneth Walsh, playing a Dick Cheney inspired Vice President in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" (2004) said to a scientist (played by Dennis Quaid), that he should stick to science and leave policy to them (the government).

 For non U.S. readers, what pretty much the rest of the world "Football", Americans call "Soccer". When Americans say "Football", they actually refer to a sport (American Football) they play involving a different shaped ball, which they mostly carry around, and wear helmets and run or bang into each other a lot. I'm British, not American, but I understand the basics of American Football. For those who want to know more about it, look online. Not sure when the next chapter will be out, so please be patient.