Failure

This is the ninth chapter. Hope you enjoy it. Sorry for the long-ish wait. Warning: blood scene in this chapter.

Garth walked towards the nearest zebra crossing, looked right then left, and waited for a car to start coming down the road towards him, and when he saw a truck heading rapidly towards him, he then stepped out into the road, hid left leg first, followed by his right, and a second later, the truck impacted, sending him down to the ground on his right-hand side, with his eyes squinted shut and winced his mouth with a slight hiss. He then felt immense pain in his legs and his left hand arm and side, maybe from the impact, most likely broken legs, also feeling like he was bleeding in his legs and left arm. He laid on his side as a ground of people then gathered round him, including the truck driver. Then, a few seconds later, he felt the pain quickly subside and he opened his eyes, and moved upwards to sit on his bottom. He looked down to see the bleeding in his legs and left arm had stopped, the only trace of what had happened was the blood on his sleeve and shorts, along with those few drops on the road. He then half bent his legs up  into a better position, before he moved his back forwards slightly and moved his left hand to the ground, using the support to lift his body up the ground, feeling a pair of hands grabbing his shoulders, lifting him up, hoping his legs would give away and make him feel pain and he'd fall back down to the ground, but when he stopped upright on both legs, he rolled his eyes and signed in annoyance. Around him the people where muttering with shock and surprise. "I'm all right." He said in an unhappy tone, before looking rightwards to check there weren't any vehicles coming, saw none, and resumed walking across the road.

A few minutes later, Garth was on top of the 808 feet tall MetLife Building, holding a bottle of Bleach he'd just brought from a shop in his right hand. He moved it close to his face and unscrewed the lid with his left hand, moved the top of the bottle up to his mouth and then began drinking the bleach! He did not stop until he'd emptied the whole bottle, moved it away from his now closed mouth, and waited a few seconds. After a minute of waiting, he looked at the bottle, and saw it was indeed Bleach, also looking around the bottle to see it definitely had a warning label on it. Sighing in annoyance as he threw the bottle onto the roof. "There's gotta be something these powers can't heal. Just have to keep trying." He said to himself, before he then had an idea. He then walked over to the edge of the roof, turned around on the stop to have his back facing the edge, moving his arms level with his shoulders. He then closed his eyes as he then used his feet to move his body of the edge, falling back first down towards the ground. He did not like the feeling of falling several hundred feet downwards on his back towards the ground, hating the feeling of accerlaration, waiting and waiting, every second seeming so long, the fall seeming to take forever, until his ears register a splat!, indicating he'd finally landed. His body felt numb and his mind was absolutely clear, and yet somehow, he still felt the feeling of being alive. He then opened his left eye a smudge, hoping he was still alive, then a little bit more, saw blue sky, before fully opening both eyes to see a bunch of people around him bending towards to look at his face, their faces turning to shock. "I can't believe he's still alive." The woman leaning/looking directly over the left hand side of his face said. "I can't either." Garth replied, realising he could speak and somehow felt perfectly normal. He then bent his upper body upwards, look over/behind his right shoulder, to see a small pile of pile where his upper body had been lying before, also noticing on the edges of his shirt, and the section of his shirt which he could was, was absolutely covered in blood. He then got up on his feet, looked left and right at the people surrounding him, the people still shocked at his survival, then he looked ahead and down. "I give up." He said to no one in particular, before he started walking off. Among the crowd was a particular woman who was confused by what she had just seen. Not that he survived, by why he'd done it.

Later, that night....

Garth sat on a bench, taking no notice of the rain pouring down, nor of his fur getting wet. He stared at the large window pane in front of him, seeing his reflection in the glass. The something that on his mind earlier was in his mind again. "Excuse me?" He heard Girl's voice, coming besides him. The voice startled him and he reacted with a yelp, looking as he yelped leftwards to see Lily sitting besides him. He was holding up an umbrella between him and her with her right hand, and wore a white coat over a light blue shirt, with grey trousers. "Sorry to scare you, but you want some shelter?" She asked politely. "No... no thanks." He said back, trying to be polite, getting over his surprise to her out here, hoping the fur would cover the blush he was feeling, before looking forwards at the Glass again. "You should or you'll catch a cold in this rain." She said. "I'll take my chances." He replied. "Yeah. With your powers. Tell me... what on Earth made you decide to fall from a several hundred feet high skyscraper?" She asked, with only a tiny amount of aggression in her voice. "Mind your own business, Doctor. Besides, we're not even at the hospital." Garth said. "Well, I am your Doctor, and you are my patient. So, I would like an answer." She said back, her tone slightly more aggressive. "It's this." Garth replied, pointing at his face with his left index finger, still staring ahead. "If you were like this, you'd probadly be feeling the same way. Do you think I ASKED for what happened to me to happen?! That I ASKED to become all furry and stuff?! Having a long mouth and nose?! Having ears at the top of my head?! To look like THIS?!" Garth asked hot temperly. Lily didn't answer, but kept looking at him.