Bachelor Party

Here is the thirteenth chapter!!!! Hope you enjoy it. With over 600 views, this is now the highest of my two stories on this site in terms of how many viewers! Sorry for the long wait, just haven't havd the motivation to do it. I own no characters expect Garth and Lily.

Some time later, at night...

Garth, (on Ben's right) wearing a white shirt with the Canadian flag on the front, and black trousers, followed Reed, Johnny and Ben, into the large room where the bachelor party was being held, filled to the brim with people dancing around, music blaring, and lights on the walls. "This is it?" Garth heard Ben ask. "I don't know anybody here." Reed said. "You know us, eh?" Garth responded, moving his team to face Reed, then moved it forwards again. "Yeah, and I would have invited some of your other friends, but you really don't have any. Hey!" Johnny replied, as Garth noticed a bunch of sexy looking girls then came over to them, wearing attractive dancing clothes, which made his eyes widen a bit. "Johnny, we had a deal." Garth heard Reed protest. They're not exotic dancers. They're just hot." Johnny replied, as he went over to the girls and got in between two of them. Garth then moved his head slightly rightwards to see could slightly see Reed, who seeemed hesitant. "You're Mr Fantastic, aren't you? That's so awesome." One of the girls spoke as she came over to Reed and held her arms on his shoulders. Garth was already slightly disgusted by this, so he turned his head further rightwards to face Ben. "Come on, Ben. Let's get a drink." Garth said, motioning with his head towards the bar. He then took quick steps towards the bar, wearing Ben followed him, then he slowed down, as he was now a good distance away from Reed and the girls.

Garth came up to the bar, took a few steps to the right and found a spot available so he could reach the side. "Hey, Bartender. I'll take a beer, please." Garth asked the guy on the other side. "You got it." The bartender replied. Garth then heard someone say "Hey!" To him, so he turned to his right and saw a cheeky brown haired dude in a black leather jacket. "Your the Furball, right?" The dude asked, to which Garth nodded in response. "Let's see how many drinks it'll take to get you asleep." The dude said with a cheeky smile, to which Garth grinned. "It is on. Try me." Garth replied as his drink arrived. A few minutes later, Garth had just finished his third refill, letting out a breath, having drunken down the beer in a two periods of gulping (taking a breath in between). And yet, despite all this beer in him, he wasn't feeling the slightest bit drunk or tipsy at all. "Man, that's your third glass down, and your still not drunk yet." The dude said with his mouth wide open. "Yeah, well, my healing powers mean I can't get drunk. And no matter how much I consume, I'll never have Kidney problems." Garth said back with a smile. He then spotted, in the reflective black wall of the bar, Reed was up on the dance floor, then he expanded his body to move upwards, his arms bending around and . "Guy really knows how to loosen up." He heard Johnny's voice. "You're not kidding." He heard Ben walk say. "At least he's actually having fun." Garth added with a fun smile, as they watched Reed perform more expanding his body parts tricks with his legs, which made Garth and the other two, leaning their heads downwards/rightwards, and his arms with the girls. Garth then saw Reed stop moving so well, staring towards the entrance, to he looked rightwards to see Sue standing near the entrance with a bunch of military people. "Hey, guys." Garth called, pointing out at the bunch with his left index finger, Johnny and Ben looking in the direction. "I think it might be clobbering time." He heard Ben mutter. "Again." Garth added, staring down at the floor, irritated as it had to happen at a time like this.

A minute later, he and the others were in the kitchen with the military folk, walking behind Sue and Ben. "How does Reed know the General?" Sue asked Ben, and Garth was curious about that, so he listened in. "Yeah, since when had Dr Reed Richards involved himself with the United States Military?" Garth asked in his head. "A few years back, the guy was trying to push a new missile defence system. Reed testified that the technology wouldn't work." Benn explained. "I'm only here, Richard, because I'm under direct orders from the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Personally, I don't like sharing sensitive information with a civilian scientist. Especially one who enjoys the public spotlight so much." The General, who name was Hager began. "That's Johnny!" Garth thought in his head, standing on Sue's left, with his arms folded. "Always a pleasure to see you too, General. What can I do for you?' Reed asked. "As you may know, there have been recent unusual occurrences all over the world. Officially, we've downplayed thier significance to the public, but we're concerned that these... anomalies might pose a significant threat to our national security." Hager explained, as a female aide then headed Reed a bunch a papers. "These were taken by one of our spy satellites 3 days ago." The aide explained as Reed and Sue looked at the papers, Garth was still standing where he was. "What is it?" Sue asked, Garth noticing the concern in her voice. "We were hoping Dr Richards could tell us." Hager replied. Reed the shrugged as Sue turned around to face Garth, holding on of the photos with both hands, showing 4 images in a of a bright white object moving through Space. Unfortunately, this was outside Garth's area of expertise, so he just shrugged with a confused look on his face. "I'm afraid I've never Sen anything like it. Ben?" Reed said, before handing one of the documents to Ben, who took it with his left hand. "Well, I would say it was a meteor, but the trail's all wrong. This thing's giving off its own energy." Ben answered. "Take a look at this." Hater spoke, as the female aide placed a small computer on the kitchen table side. "These have been appearing in remote area throughout the world since the events began. Field personnel estimate its diameter to be 200 meters." The aide explained, as Garth moved his head  slight rightwards/downwards to see what was on the screen: an image of a massive whole in the ground.

"If we're gonna find out what this is all about, we need a way to locate and intercept that object." Hager explained. "It Might be possible to build a sensor tied into the Baxter Building's satellite grid. And we can pinpoint the exact location of the object." Reed suggested. "Good. So then you'll build the sensor for us, we'll tie that to the..." Hager began saying, before Reed interrupted. "I'm afraid I can't." Reed said, which surprised Garth and made his eyes widen, hearing Reed not actually wanting to build something, Garth looking at everyone, seeing the same look on their faces. "What?" Hager, asked, clearly confused.  "You see, I'm getting married this Saturday. I just don't have the time." Reed answered, moving over to Sue and placing his left hand over her shoulder. Garth was impressed that Reed was actually putting the wedding before this strange situation. "Richards, your country needs your help." Hager said, seeming almost like begging. "Look, why don't you call Professor Jeff Wagner? He's head of the physics department at Brown. I'm sure he can help." Reed offered, as Hager beckoned the female aide to start packing up. "I expected more, Richards. Even from you." Hager replied, before putting his cap on and leaving. Garth just stood still as everyone else then left the kitchen. Part of him was proud that Reed was sticking to the wedding, but another part of him was worrying if he'll go behind Sue's back.

A while later, near the door of a large balcony outside the building, Garth saw Ben walking out to the door and looking upwards. Curiosity got the best of Garth, so he went out after Ben, looked upwards to see Reed working on a large grey satellite dish. "Reed, watch ya doing with that dish, eh?" Garth asked as he stopped walking, behind Ben's right, as Reed turned around to face the two. "Nothing. Just, uh, needed some air." Reed said, though it was pretty obvious to Garth, knowing Reed, who was also a poor liar, plus, no one who needs air works on a satellite dish. "Your making that thing for the General, aren't you?" Ben dropped the big one. The look on Reeds face as he turned around to face the dish made it clear. "Figures." Garth said. "I'm guessing Susie doesn't know anything about it." Ben spoke, which made Reed turn around with a hint of worry on his face. "Don't worry, my lips are sealed." Ben assured him. "Mine too." Garth added, doing a stealing his lips gesture with his left hand. "That is, there would be if I had any." Ben mentioned. "Look, uh, don't tell Johnny." Reed demanded as he took a step forward. They all then suddenly heard the sound of familiar flames, looked rightward to see Johnny landing, wearing his new slogan filled uniform. "Don't tell Johnny what?" Johnny asked as he walked over to them. "Great." Reed muttered as Garth rolled his eyes. "Are you building that thing?" Johnny then asked, pointing at the dish with his right index finger. "No." Reed responded poorly, waving his hands, . "If Sue finds out, shes gonna give you an invisible kick in the nuts." Johnny chucked as he stepped towards Ben. "Hey, hey. We're keeping this quiet." Ben said, holding out his arm at Johnny. "I know." Johnny said back with a slight nod before looking right at Reed. "Don't worry." Ben reminded Reed. "Just focus/worry about building the sensor. And the wedding." Garth added., before he turned around and went back inside. Deep down, he was hoping the wedding would go according to plan, that nothing would disrupt it.

That's the thirteenth chapter finished! Hope you enjoyed it. Honestly, I'm glad to have another chapter out of the way. Not sure when the next chapter will be out, but I'll try and do my best.

By the way, in the cast credits, both at the start and the end, it says actor Kenneth Walsh (whom voiced Vice President Raymond Becker in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" 2004) voiced Professor Jeff Wagner, but somehow, I don't really see him or any mention of Jeff Wagner in the film other than that scene in the kitchen. So, I'm wondering if I should include him in this story, as a sort of original character, with what he says, from my mind. I'm not fully decided on this yet, so I would really like YOUR opinion. PLEASE COMMENT OR MESSAGE ME ABOUT THIS IDEA AND HOW I SHOULD DO IT!!