Names

This is the eighth chapter. Sorry for the wait. Garth's superhero name will be revealed in this chapter. Hope you enjoy it.

A few days later...

Garth was having a nap on a sofa in the main room, think about that that was on his mind. He was wearing a black shirt and khaki shorts. Suddenly, Ben then opened the door the poked his Stone head through the doorway. "Garth! Come look at this!" He said loudly, which made Garth open his eyes and bend his upper body up, and made him turn his head rightwards to face him. "Oh. Uh,...okay." Garth replied as he got up on his feet and followed Ben to the other side of the room, Sue and Reed also in the coming near them. Garth then looked at the TV they were both staring at, and saw Johnny wearing his blue uniform, but with a 5 in a light blue circle on his left chest, at some kind of sports place, surrounded by females. "He didn't." He heard Sue mutter. "Oh, yes, he did! Flame boy never listens!" He heard Ben growl. "What did he do to his uniform?" He heard Sue ask, referring to the symbol. Garth then realised that Johnny didn't exactly have the skills to put something like that on his uniform, so he moved over to Reed, stood in front of him, grabbed both front sides of his lab coat with both hands, moved them away from each other, revealing he was also wearing his blue uniform, with the same symbol. "You really did that, eh?" Garth asked him. "He was badgering me." Reed replied, before Garth then turned around and kept watching the TV. "It's sort of Armani meets astronaut." Johnny spoke. "So, what are your superhero names?" The female reporter next to him asked. "They call me the Human Torch. Ladies call me Torch." Johnny answered, the second sentence make a lot of the girls around him go "ohh". "What about the rest of the team?" The reporter asked. "That's the Invisible Girl." Johnny answered, when a picture of Sue from the bridge affair showed up on the screen of the stadium, which was also showed on the TV screen. Garth could have sworn he heard Sue mutter "Girl?", but he focused on the screen, worried how this might go. "What about your leader? Reed Richard's? I hear you call him Mr Fantastic." The reporter said. "Could have been worse." He heard Ben say. "I guess." He heard Reed say, and Garth did nod, as it did kind of fit Reed. "Is it true what they say, that he can expand any part of his anatomy?" The reporter asked Johnny, the girls muttering. "Well, I've always found him to be a little limp." Johnny said, which made the girls giggle. "So what about him? The furry, flame proof guy?" The reporter asked, showing a picture of Garth, which made him gulp. "Oh, him? He's the Furball." Johnny answered. "How dare he!" Garth growled, his eyes narrowing and his hands clenched into fists. "What is that? What do you call that thing?" The reporter then asked, the screen showing a picture of Ben on the main screen. "That's it. The Thing. You think this is bad? You should have seen him before." Johnny said, as if he'd just come up with that. "Okay, now I'm gonna go kill him." Ben spoke, before Garth looked leftwards and saw him walk towards the door. "Count us in." Garth said, as he then started walking after him.

Eventually, they arrived at the sports arena Johnny was leaving, people cheering at him all around him. "There he is." Sue said, pointing her right index finger towards him with her arm outstretched. Garth and Sue and Reed then moved over to him "Johnny..." Sue began to say. "Can we talk about this later, guys?" Johnny interrupted her. "No, we can't talk about this later. What were you thinking?" Sue asked him. "Where's my ride?" Johnny asked as he stopped by the curb. Suddenly a large bundle of red metal resembling a car suddenly landed in front of him, and rolled around a big, the alarm chirping as it stopped rolling. Then Garth saw the license plate hit Johnny's left side, but he barely reacted, thought Garth smirked at the sight. Garth then looked leftwards to see Ben looking angry, before he stared walking over towards Johnny. "You think that's funny, pebbles?" Johnny asked, before Sue then stepped in front of him, after after her, and Garth moved to Sue's right. "Johnny!" She spoke. "What?" He asked his sister. "You gave us names? You don't think! So now your the 'face' of the Fantastic Five?" Sue asked, pointing at the symbol. "Your even using that stupid nickname?" Garth asked, his eyes narrowing. "A face that's about to be broken!" Ben growled. "Look, this isn't permanent, Johnny. We need to be careful until we're normal again." Reed said to him. "What if I don't want to be normal? I didn't turn into a monster!" Johnny shot back gesturing at Ben with his right arm. This made Ben move his right arm as if he was about to punch Johnny, but he stopped halfway.Ben then turned around and then started to walk away. "Johnny, say your sorry." Sue said as Ben kept walking. Suddenly, Johnny then shot a ball of fire at the back of head, which made him turn around to look at them. "Huh? Did you just..." Ben began asking, but was cut off when Johnny shot another ball of fire at him at his face. "That's it, Tinker Bell! You wanna fly? Then fly!" Ben cried, walked up to Johnny, and then punched his right fist forward, but Reed had moved in front of Johnny, so Ben just punched Reed's rubber body, but Johnny was still knocked back, and landed on a Burger King advertisement board. Johnny recovered, stepped down from the board and began walking towards Ben. "Wait a minute, guys. Ben, don't do this." Sue begged. "Let's see if we can get blood from a stone." Johnny said, still walking. "Let's see. Bring it, Burnout!" Ben said back. "You two need a time-out!" Sue yelled as she got in between them, making Johnny stop, and she used her forcefield ability Reed had told Garth about, to stop Ben from stepping forwards, before he turned around and walked away. "Talk to Blockhead. He started it!" Johnny protested. "I don't care! Damn it, Johnny!" Sue said sternylu before she walked after Ben, leaving Garth and Reed with Johnny and a crowd of people behind them.