Timeout

NESSA

I kissed Grayson back.

I didn't think about it, didn't second guess it. I just felt it, gave into it. Finally.

And oh god, it felt good. So, so good.

He kept alternating the way he kissed me, switching between softly brushing his lips against mine and ramming our mouths together like I was his lifeline. And it drove me wild. Absolutely wild. But I doubted he was doing it on purpose; it was almost like he kept reeling himself back after getting too possessive, too bruising.

I wanted that, though. Bad enough that I seized both sides of his face to keep him from pulling away.

A slight growl told me that Grayson approved. One of his hands still cupped my cheek, and he used it to tilt my head to the side, angling us so he could kiss me even deeper. His tongue slipped between my lips, and soon it was tangling with mine.

"Fuck," he muttered, muffling my moan with his curse.

The way the word filled my mouth made me shiver with desire, but it was nothing compared to when Grayson dropped his hands to grip my waist, twisting me around until I straddled him.

Our mouths parted briefly in the process, and Grayson didn't like that, tangling his fingers in my hair as he brought us back together again.

"Never stop, Adler," he breathed against my lips.

All I could do was whimper in reply. Because our tongues flicked together, and I didn't want any of it to stop. Just like I suspected would happen if I kissed him.

When Grayson seemed confident that my mouth wasn't going anywhere, locked securely with his, he trailed his fingers down the column of my back until two large hands rested on my waist again. And then with a tight tug, he urged my body closer to his. Close enough that I could feel everything.

My mind reeled, completely and wholly drowning in Grayson. In his musky scent and hard chest and soft lips. And if that wasn't enough, his palms drifted to my legs, skating over my tights. I felt his warmth through the sheer fabric as he plucked at it, and I wanted more. I wanted so much more.

"I fucking love these."

His husky voice caressed my lips as he continued to kiss me.

"What, tights?" I gasped, trying to slow my breathing as Grayson's hands made their way beneath my corduroy skirt.

"Yeah, and your skirts," he added gruffly before grabbing onto my hips and gently rocking them against his. A finger toyed with the band of my tights, tickling my bare skin.

Oh, god. I should stop him. I should really stop him.

But I didn't, I couldn't. Especially not when the things he was doing caused goosebumps to erupt up and down my arms while something white-hot and boiling pooled right where he was grinding us together.

"Grayson," I whined, and he chuckled in a delightfully sinful way.

"I knew you wanted to kiss me again," he murmured, and there was a sly, smarting tone to it.

My stomach sank, and I wrenched my lips away from his.

"Timeout. Is that the only reason you're here?" I gasped as I grabbed his shoulder to steady myself.

His lips were only an inch from mine, and they were wet and soft. And shit, looking at them teased me. I knew the way they could make me feel. That and everything he was doing with his hands.