Music, huh?

GRAYSON

Sunlight streamed through the curtains of my bedroom. It was nearly July, and a burst of heat followed the sun. It seemed so much brighter than it had the rest of the summer. Thank god for air conditioning.

It didn't matter, though. Even with the A/C, it was hot beneath the covers with Nessa's legs tangled around mine. With her breath hitting my skin. She was snuggled next to me, her face hidden in the crook of my neck. If my parents weren't home and my bathroom wasn't a handful of steps from the living room, I'd drag her out of bed and wake her up with a cold shower. Wash the sweat away and then finally take in every little bit of her.

But my parents were definitely home. One of them was knocking on my door, and I had to blink past the sleep in my eyes to see it was mom peeking her head into the room. God, she was nosy.

"Breakfast, soon?" she whispered.

I rubbed a hand over my face. "Sounds good."

"We're making crepes."

Fancy breakfast. I should have known.

"Okay, mom."

She smiled.

"Twenty minutes?"

Nessa squirmed next to me, burying her face deeper into my neck. She made a sleepy, little noise, and suddenly I felt a warm mouth clamp over my skin. Kissing me. Her tongue swept over the sensitive area on my neck. I swallowed a groan. "Nessa," I choked softly, trying to get her attention before turning a glare on my mom.

"Twenty minutes is fine," I said through gritted teeth.

Mom barely withheld a wide-eyed look of amusement before vanishing from the doorway and whipping the door closed.

Jesus Christ.

Nessa was oblivious, but I no longer cared now that we didn't have an audience. She continued to kiss my neck, and I tipped my head back, enjoying the feel of her lips on me.

"Nessa," I breathed again, and this time I got a faint murmur in reply. Like she was barely awake but didn't want to be. Or just didn't want to be interrupted. But I was impatient to get a good look at her. "Get on top of me, darling."

She didn't, too busy expertly exploring my collarbone with her mouth. So I grabbed her hips and tipped her up while I lay back in bed. Nessa gasped and then straddled my hips like I wanted her to. Her hair was a messy halo around her head, but her eyes surprised me. They were bright and more alert than I'd been expecting.

Maybe because I just whipped her upright.

I smiled. "There's my girl."

She responded by flashing a crooked grin and running her hands up my bare chest. I caught her by the wrists, and she pouted.

"You never let me touch you."

I lifted a brow. "That is not true."

Unless my memory had been messed up, that pretty little hand of hers had done some work on me that day in my car. Not to mention her mouth. Her pert, hot mouth.

She rolled her eyes like she disagreed. "Do you not like it?"

"Adler..." I shook my head and released her wrists, seizing her hips instead to slide her down over my body. I knew when she felt what I wanted her to because she inhaled sharply. "I don't like it. I fucking love it. It's sending me over the edge, and we're supposed to have breakfast with my moms in twenty minutes."

Nessa arched her brow. "Twenty minutes is a long time."

"Not nearly long enough." I rolled my hips up, making Nessa's eyes roll back as my erection hit her square between her legs.