Icing

GRAYSON

"She's wearing your shirt. She's lifting with you. She's gotta be your girl."

I'd been too busy watching Nessa walk across the gym to grab her bag to notice Julian sneak up on me. The gym had pretty much cleared out. The guys who were left were just packing up their stuff to head out.

I sighed, and Julian clapped a hand on my shoulder.

"She's as good as mine, but don't tell her that because she'll go running for the hills."

Jules snickered. "Does she realize she's wearing your name stamped across her back?"

"Probably not."

I smiled at how Nessa's ponytail swished over EVERETT as she walked.

My friend lowered onto the bench next to me. "So, what? Did you shove the girl into that shirt and drag her along to show her off and stake your claim?"

"No, but if that's the message that's getting across, then I'm definitely okay with it."

"Definitely the message that's getting across," he said with a laugh, his eyes trailing Nessa.

Her leggings left absolutely nothing to the imagination. And then to top it off with my shirt? She must have been trying to give me a heart attack.

"When I said I was busy tonight, she asked if she could come along," I clarified. "And she borrowed that shirt from me last week, and I haven't gotten it back since. I didn't shove her in it."

Julian kicked his foot up and reached for it to stretch his calf.

"I take back what I said, then. Nessa definitely knows she has your name stamped across her back, and I think she's staking her claim."

My smile grew, and I crossed my arms over my chest, watching as Nessa made her way back to me with her bag. "Fine by me," I said.

"God, you've got it bad."

"Oh, I know." I paused before giving Jules a sideways glance. "Gonna hit the showers now."

He raised a brow.

"I'll shoo Noah and Reggie out the door and lock up then." He winked. "Enjoy."

I definitely planned to.

I've been absolutely dying to get Nessa alone again. I've become so fucking addicted to that face she makes when she's turned on. The way I ached for her was far more than sex or attraction. It was this twisty, hot connection. And I craved it.

Leaving Jules behind, I met Nessa halfway and took her hand. Leading her into the team locker room, I realized that I was probably breaking some kind of unspoken rule. But I didn't give a damn.

Taking Nessa's bag from her, I tossed it on the bench in front of the showers. I hadn't been lying; they were nice showers. Our training facility had recently been renovated, meaning that we had the best that money could buy within these walls.

Nessa shifted to face me, her big brown eyes tracing my expression with a mix of anticipation and shyness in hers. I toyed with the hem of her shirt.

"You might as well keep this."

She smiled. "I was already planning on it."

"That's my Adler. A thief in the night."

I started to lift the shirt slowly—slow enough that she could stop me if she wanted to. She didn't. Our eyes stayed connected, and hers morphed. The anticipation grew. The shyness became eagerness.