Chapter 3 - Mate

Our safe house is build underground and its entrance is hidden in pack house's backyard. We are helping pups when suddenly Mrs. Black came panicking towards us "aadhya, layla go inside safe house. I will take care of others"

"we want to help mom" layla said and I nodded in her favour.

"don't argue with me layla" she shouted and pushed us towards the pack house. "take care of others inside" she told us and layla nodded timidly.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me with her towards the pack house.

"wait, where is beth?" I looked around frantically.

"shit, where did she go?.. damn" layla cursed "addy, go to the safe house and check there if beth was there or not, I will search outside" I nodded and ran inside the safe house. All the wolves who are not able to fight are in the safe house, pups are scared and their mothers are trying hard to calm them.

I looked all over the safe house and when I didn't able to find beth, I ran outside. Everyone is running here and there, few are running towards safe house, few towards the borders and few were taking the wounded towards the infirmary. Suddenly a message popped in my phone. I took my mobile, layla messaged me that she found beth in arsenal. I stuffed my phone in pocket and ran towards the arsenal. The door is already ajar, I was about to run when I heard a chilling voice.

"you should not roam here and there when you are under attack sweethearts" A man is standing with his back towards the door, he is lean but muscled and had a dark aura around him. "now tell me which one of you want to die first" he asked them when I finally saw layla and beth in front of him. Layla is standing in front of beth protectively but she is also looking scared. "answer me ladies" he said coldly. Suddenly he extended his hand and grabbed layla with her throat. "mind linking, are we" he said in amusing tone. "let's see how easy it would be snap the neck of a gamma" beth screamed and pleaded with him to let layla go. Layla is struggling in his hold but I can see that her struggles are slowing down and her face is turning blue due to lack of blood supply.

My mind is blank I don't know what to do, so, without thinking I did what came in mind first. I picked the sword that is on the ground and charged with full force on his arm from which he is grabbing layla's throat and with a single strike his arm is on the ground and he is screaming with pain and rage. He looked at me with fury and that's when I understood what he is...his blood red eyes are telling his identity.. he is a vampire, without giving him time to do something I charged another strike and this time beth screamed in horror as the vampire's head met with the ground with a thud and his body fell on another side.

I looked around the arsenal for any more threats when I found everything alright I looked at beth who is looking at me in horror but I can see that she is relieved. Layla is unconscious on the ground.

"beth, take layla with you, I will cover both of you. We have to reach safe house fast. I don't think we can fight them off on our own" I have not expected that, but she instantly did the same as I said without a single question. I went towards the drawer and took the pouch of silver powder from it and applied it all over me.

Vampires and werewolves both of them have a same weakness and that is silver, as soon they touch silver their skin burns. I am human but still silver have impact on me maybe because werewolves blood is in my veins but it can't burn me like others, it just feel a little irritation and my skin turns a little red nothing else. Right now I am glad that I am a human, I took the sword and looked at beth who is looking at my actions very carefully.

"listen beth, don't touch me, this silver will burn your skin, as soon we will reach there you have to run inside the safe house" I said her and she nodded.. I badly wanted layla to see that, beth is seriously listening me,.. my bad luck.