Chapter 4 - Rejection

When I woke up from the dream, I found myself in my room at pack house which made me realize that it was not a fucking dream... fuck, I got a mate.. I am trying to digest this news when suddenly door of my room opened and ethan entered.

"you are joking" he said in complete horror while I was still trying to digest the happiness of finally having a mate "you can't be my mate." he said in disgust and I flinched. "how can moon goddess be so cruel." he said while pacing.. that's not how I supposed it to be.

"listen ethan" I tried to make him understand.

"it's alpha for you" he growled and his eyes flicked between brown and black. His wolf is trying to take control from him.

"sorry alpha" I was trying to control myself but his behavior is hurting me.

"pathetic" he sneered.. "I Ethan Smith son of alpha aiden and luna Olivia of blue moon pack, reject you Aadhya as my mate and future luna of this pack." As soon these words left his mouth a searing pain pierced my heart. I screamed in agony and clutched my heart hard to stop the pain. I am feeling like someone poured lava on my heart, I am unable to see anything because of tears but I heard ethan painful groans. I know I am foolish to feel like that but still inspite of being in so much pain I still want to go to ethan and soothe him. I slowly crawled from the bed while clutching my heart and went towards the place where ethan is sitting on the ground while clutching his heart.

I put my hand on his hand and instantly I felt sparks that traveled down my body "are you alright ethan" it came like a whisper. He didnot said anything but I knew that my touch eased his pain because it does lessen mine for sure. After few minutes of silence he suddenly pushed me on side and got up from his place and as soon his touch left mine the pain came again and I screamed loudly. I am guessing that he is not in pain now because now he is looking normal. Tears welled up in my eyes because of pain and I looked at him with pleading look and extended my hand towards him, right now, only his touch can ease my pain. He looked at my hand and then at my face, for a second his features softens but he shook his head and clenched his fists to stop himself.

"you will not talk about this with anyone" he said in threatening tone then took a step towards me "and if you will, than I promise my dear mate I will make yours and your loved once lives a living hell" he said with so much venom laced voice that I flinched and crawled a little further from him. He turned towards the door but again turned and looked at me, his eyes travelled down to both my bandaged wrists, then at my foot which is also bandaged and then at my bruised waist which is visible because my shirt have ridden up, I quickly covered the uncovered area and this made him more angry. "PATHETIC" he sneered and closed the door with a loud thud and I heard his footsteps fading away.

I am still on ground, tears are constantly flowing but the pain is very mild now. I cocooned myself and cried my heart out. Why it is happening with me? I have not done anything wrong in my whole life. I have not hurt a single soul in my life. No matter how much someone bully me I never fought with anyone and it's not because I can't fight it's just because I don't wanted to hurt anyone... then why me?

Suddenly door opened and layla and matt entered the room with panicked looks. As soon they looked at me layla gasped and matt ran towards me, lift me from the ground and put me on the bed. Layla is on my side in seconds and engulfed me in hug. I put my head on her chest and cried hysterically. I don't know for how much time we are like that but slowly my sobs turned into whimpers.

"chubby" I looked at matt. He is sitting on the chair to my other side as my bed is not large for the three of us. "tell me the name and I promise I will make him suffer"

Even the mere thought of him is hurting me. People say that mates are the gift of moon goddess herself and he just rejected me like that, he rejected the moon goddess's gift without thinking twice... am I that much pathetic that the one who is destined to give me love just turned his back to me without thinking about anything.. suddenly I felt pain in my lower abdomen, it is mild in starting but slowly I can feel it is increasing. I put my hand on my stomach and gritted my teeth to stop myself from screaming.