Suspicions

They reached a port full of merchants and hecklers. It looked run down a little with some shady looks sent their way, but it was mostly at Kai and he didn't blame them considering what the spirit had shown them.

"Hey Nya," Kai spots a flash of blue and points to it. Nya follows his line of sight and saw the group of three including the avatar. "That was easy," she comments. "You follow them and call me later. I'm sure news of a kid with a arrow will make it's way to the prince and I'll meet him here when he shows up," Kai told her.

Nya gives him and hug. "Wish me luck," she said. "You don't need it and have fun learning some water moves," Kai said and she smiles kissing his cheek and hugging him in sisterly affection before sneaking off and Kai disappeared into the shadows.

She follows the group quickly and quietly watching them as they entered a ship. She watches for some time and eventually they came back out. She was set to follow them again, but then someone from the ship came out pointing at them. "Hey you!"

The avatar looks to them smiling. "See I knew pirates loved the haggle," he says while the female in blue backs away and the male in blue glances at her suspiciously. "Get them!" The captain of the ship orders while the rest of his crew jumped off their boat charging at them.

They ran to avoid being killed or being turned into freshly cut produce. Nya runs to catch up to them watching as they dodged and zipped through the market place. Nya was waiting for the perfect opportunity to help them escape. Eventually they became cornered with nowhere to go and became surrounded by the pirates.

"Aang what do we do?" The female asks the bald boy. "Don't worry Katara I," Aang began, but Nya doesn't let him finish and instead she makes her appearance. She jumps out from the shadows and used the water from her pouch and blasted her assailants back to the ground dripping wet.

"A water bender!" The female "Katara" exclaims in excitement. "You looked like you needed some help. Come on," Nya ushers them forward now that she had given them a path. They followed her without question. They ran until they reached the forest and were sure they had lost the pirates chasing them.

Nya caught her breath and once she did Katara was in her face with wide excited eyes. "I've never met another water bender before! Where are you from? How skilled are you? Is there any other waterbenders near by?" She asks excited, but her older brother pulls his sister back looking at Nya suspiciously. "You don't look water tribe," He said and Nya feels self conscious, but Aang said. "Sokka she helped us be nice," He said. "And she's a water bender!" Katara repeats still with stars in her eyes. "Just because she's dressed like water tribe doesn't mean she is. She looks fire nation to me," Sokka said and Nya has to suppress the urge to snap at him. Yeah she did look like her father in hair and more defining features despite being told she looks like her mother.

"Hey it's okay to be suspicious I get that a lot. My mother was a water bender from the south pole and I recently discovered my powers," Nya explains. "Your mother was a southern bender?! Wow where is she? Is she nearby? How did she escape the fire nation?" Katara asks. Nya's mood dampens and she does not need to act for it. "She disappeared when I was a little girl. She had help from my father escaping," Nya explains.

Katara's mood dampens a little and from what Nya could guess her mother probably died in one of those attacks the spirit showed her. "And who was your father exactly?" Sokka asks. "Sokka," Katara hisses at him. "No it's okay. Like my mother he disappeared when I was a child and I barely remember him. I think they were killed for what my father did and who my mother was," Nya said sounding sad and to her credit she let a tear drop for effect.

The three looked at each other and Sokka wasn't entirely sure of Nya, but her power also added some calm to them as well. "I know my appearance is sudden it's just I saw you were water tribe and I wanted to see if you were water benders. I'm really new and I thought you could teach me some moves since I only know how to make a water sphere and throw it," the second part was pretty much true and she keeps talking. "I was heading to the North Pole to learn more, but I've been having trouble getting there. As you can guess people don't really like going that far and I can't afford my own transportation," Nya explains and Aang lit up.