A Battle Begins

When water tribe soldiers found them Zuko had calmed down and was curled up next to Sokka. Zuko was really embarrassed by some strangers seeing him weak so Sokka stood up. "We're sorry for leaving during the important discussion the chief was holding, but I feared for the prince when he called out certain loopholes and he was just assuring me," Sokka said and Zuko was surprised he had been stood up for.

The water tribe soldiers clearly believed him because they did not question it and even made a few comments about weak southerners.

"The chief would like to talk to the prince," Zuko feels his breath contract, but he nodded. "I will accept his judgement," Zuko follows them and Sokka does too. As they kept walking they went past several civilians of young children and the elderly grabbing their belongings and throwing them in canals, others wishing their families safety, others stubbornly refusing to leave, water bending was happening nearly everywhere from healing to combat of all the genders, and going past the training fields they saw Aang was furiously training with Pakku finally getting serious about his water bending. They also saw Nya and Katara training against each other to practice their combat, other students were training against Kai to practice against firebenders and man Kai was not holding back on them.

They reached the top of the palace steps where Arnook and Yue were standing. Zuko bows to him respectively and said. "I am sorry for my disrespect your highness, I was merely speaking of everyone's best interests," He apologizes humbly. "That of my tribe or your nation?" Arnook asks and Zuko replies without hesitation. "Both," Sokka's breath hitched fearing what Arnook was going to do to him. Instead Arnook gave a sigh of releif and asks. "What do you think we should do?" Zuko looks up in shock. "Your not going to kill me? Torture me?" Arnook shakes his head and Zuko looks at Yue. "Doesn't he do that to you? Father always said royalty must punish any disrespect especially from their children," Yue looks at Zuko with pity and Arnook said. "I have no doubt someone as cruel as your father never stopped at hurting the world, but also his children," He looks at Zuko with such pity the prince hates it. "A wise leader knows to hear all sides of a fight, and I'd be a fool not to hear yours,"

Zuko looks at Arnook and feels as though he could collapse from releif, but he keeps himself upright. "It would be my honor to help defend your people," Yue happily said. "You already have,"

Meanwhile

Iroh watched in amusement as Zhao yelled at the helmsman. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE CAN'T GET THROUGH THE ICE?!" The helsman trembles under him and said. "Word of our arrival must have reached the water tribe, they sent out water benders and they've made ice forts, we will be delayed for a week to get close enough to fire at the walls," Zhao grabbed the helmsman by his neck and threw him off the observation deck. The helsman screams as he fell and Iroh rushed over and was releived when he saw that the man had fallen into a bat of tar, it will take them all day to get it off, but it was better than the alternatives.

Zhao did not notice Iroh's relief and was pacing back and forth. "Maybe you should just retreat," Iroh suggested off handily knowing Zhao would never do that with all the resources put into this invasion. "Zhao the conqueror would never back down!" Zhao nearly tried burning Iroh, but the old prince easily shielded himself. "Or some calming tea could help you, got anymore gin sing?" Iroh asks politely.

Zhao stomps up to him and seethes. "Your only here because Firelord Ozai wants the prince back alive and your going to bring him back," Zhao said and Iroh has to keep from rolling his eyes. In the fire nation the propaganda his brother came up with was that he had decided to bring Zuko back to the palace to help rule by his side since he was now of age and the avatar attacked the palace taking out nearly every soldier stationed in the palace and kidnapped the prince as leverage when Zuko was saving his father from the villainous menace. Since than they have painted Zuko as a fearless prince who's actions have inspired even more recruits so they may live up to their crown prince's name and even more generals have put rescources into finding him because despite what Ozai thinks most of the fire nation would rather have Zuko on the throne over him or Azula.