Tough Luck

"Kai? Kai come on answer me please,"

Nya whispers into the rock. It trembles in her hands as she waits for a response. She knows Kai had it on himself before they were separated, so he's got to answer.

"Please Kai please answer me I need you, I, I please. I can't do this without knowing your okay. Please Kai please just say your okay, say your safe, tell me where you are just please answer me!" Nya doesn't realize she was crying.

"Are you okay?" Nya looks behind her and saw Zuko standing there awkwardly looking at her. "What do you want? It's your fault my brother could be dead right now," She hisses at him before looking back to her piece of the disk.

She doesn't care that to other's she'd look crazy, she wants her brother back.

"I didn't," "leave me alone! It's your fault my brother's in danger and I don't care what your excuse is. He's in danger because of you," Nya states to him. Zuko looks aghast and...... tearful?

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll take my punishment," Zuko said like it was a rehearsed line. Nya rolls her eyes at him.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just gonna make your life a living hell until he comes back unharmed," Nya states. Zuko scoffs and mutters. "Like it already isn't," he mutters bitterly. "Then I'll just make it harder for you. Now leave me alone before I freeze your blood," Nya threatens him. Zuko rightfully got scared of her and ran off from her. Nya takes a deep breath and turns back to the rock.

"Kai? Please I'm okay, I'm with the avatar and even that stupid prince. I really need to know your okay so where are you? I'm on this river swamp near a fire nation town. Try and meet up with us please? I really need you you know?"

Nya keeps speaking into the rock wanting, wishing Kai would pick up.

She starts crying again unaware of the one watching her.

Zuko hates seeing people cry, he's seen uncle cry when he thinks he's not around, he's seen his mother cry, he's seen his own crew cry a couple of times when telling the stories of who they have lost in the war.

Zuko turns away and walks off until he came to the lake again. "Why am I so proud of a nation that only burns?" he asks himself. "Because it's your home," Zuko looks up and saw Sokka sitting on a nearby rock fishing. "What do you know? Your home is just a couple of snow piles," Zuko could not help but spit at the man. "True, but it's my home," Sokka shrugs not denying anything.

Zuko growls at Sokka. "Don't agree with me!" He snaps. "Don't you want me to agree?" Sokka asks confused turning to look at the prince with confusion. Zuko looks at him than just growls. "Why do people always act like uncle?" he mutters.

"Maybe because they can't yell as loud as you," Sokka comments. "Stop that!" "I was here first princey if your gonna have a pity party do it somewhere with no fish to fish for," Sokka said never looking at Zuko.

"Ugh your insufferable!" "Katara's rubbing off on you," Sokka argues back finding this all fun as Zuko stood up and stomped off. Sokka watches Zuko disappear into the tree line.

"Okay back to fishing," He said turning back to fishing.

Zuko sat down a few hundred feet from where he saw Sokka and looked at his reflection. His eyes lingered on his pheonix tail. For him it was his way of being proud of his nation, but now?

He took out his pearl dagger.

Time Skip

Zuko fell asleep against a tree trunk after his terrible sleep last night he could defiantly use it.