Escape

Aang gave a respectful bow to the general. "It's a honour to meet you, general," Aang said. The mystery general smiles at Aang. "And it's a pleasure to meet you kid," The guy looks at the rest of them and asks. "And who's the rest of your lovely team?" He asks. Aang gestures behind him and said. "This is Katara and Sokka of the southern water tribe, and Iroh of the fire nation," He introduces and each gave a wave to indicate who they are. "Water tribe eh? Would either of you happen to be water benders?" The general asks.

"I am!" Katara said proudly. "Okay cool," the general makes a quick motion, to his guards. "I hope you wouldn't mind avatar but I would like to discuss something with you in private," The general asks. "Okay, but first do you know where are friends are? Their names are Kai and Nya and," Aang began explaining. "Oh don't worry they're safe, we found them awhile ago you have nothing to worry about my guards will escort the rest of your friends too them. Me and them go a long way back, after all we were both taught spinjitzu by the same master," The general explains happily smiling. "Really? Are you good friends?" Aang asks. "Oh the best of friends ninja's honour," The general swears crossing his chest.

"Well then in that case I'll be happy to talk," Aang said and the general smiles. "Great! The rest of you can go meet up with Kai and Nya," The general said.

The three were escorted out and the general was left alone with the avatar. "Okay listen kid I need you to tell me everything about what Kai and Nya have been doing since they got here. I was sent to bring them home, but if they're involved deeply enough in this whole war I will reconsider it," The general explains his dark green eyes looking sympathetic to the young boy.

"Well.... They are a key part of our group, I'll be needing Kai to teach me fire bending soon and Nya is one of the most skilled fighters I've ever met. We need them both," the general nods as he listened. "Well then, I guess I could tell dear old Wu about how much they're needed here if you do something for me," The general said.

"What?" Aang asks. "Teach me air bending," The general said it as more of a order. Aang was confused. "But your not a," the general lifted his hand and a small air ball appeared.

Aang's eyes widened in glee and he looks at the general in awe. "Your a air bender!" He exclaims and the general nodded. "Yeah, but I like to refer to it as wind bending," The general said. "This is amazing!" Aang jumps on the general giving him a big hug. "Yeah yeah, but there's something I need to warn you about," The general said. Aang looks at him ready to do anything. "I lied about being a friend of Kai and Nya, in the past I was lead to believe I was destined to be something I'm not, I trained and trained for that destiny and when it was all for nothing I turned down a dark path. I've done things I'm not proud of, but I need you to know I am trying to be better. They don't believe me though so I'm going to need your help convincing them," The general explains.

Aang nodded along happy to do exactly as the general says. The general smiles at him gratefully. "Okay let's go see them now, but just so you know I may have thrown them in a cell for self defence purposes," The general explains. "Okaaayy," Aang said slowly as the general lead him out of the room and down a tunnel. At the end Aang saw Kai, Nya, and Katara locked in a cell while Sokka was yelling at the soldiers to let them out while Iroh chatted with a couple of others talking about embarrassing stories of his nephew.

"Why is katara in a cell?" Aang asks. "I have bad experiences with water," the general answers. When the group saw Aang and the general Kai was the first to speak.

"Morro you air head let us out right now!" He yells at the general. "You can come out, the girls can't," 'Morro' said and the guards earth bended the cell to divide. Kai was let out, but the girls were on the other side of the divide so they weren't able to get out before the cage was back. Kai stomped up to him looking ready to destroy Morro when Aang stepped in front of him.