Different Methods Different Bending

The banquet that night was nice. They got to eat food and given warm accommodations, Sokka talked to the princess after begging Zuko to tell him about royal etiquette, Aang even got to talk Master Pakku gaining him and Katara water bending lessons with Pakku.

The only one not happy or at the banquet was Nya. She had not left Kai's side and even had her own go at trying to heal him with her water. Sadly for her she was weak in the healing department and didn't do anything note worthy.

"Kai please don't go I need you," Nya whispers to her brother's unconscious form on the cot.

"Miss," Nya looks at the woman behind her seeing Yagoda. "Yes?" she asks. "If you like you can come to my healing sessions tomorrow. It may help your brother," she said. Nya looks at Kai and then back at her nodding. "I'll do anything for him," Yagoda gave her a small sad smile.

The next morning Nya was at the lesson with several other small girls. To her surprise Zuko was there too with Katara. He was wearing Sokka's parka and was definetly a eyesore among the group since he was the only boy. "What are you both doing here?" She asks. "I'm not allowed to learn water bending from Pakku because he's sexist," Katara grumbles. "And I wanted to watch the lesson since Sokka's flirting with the princess," Zuko admits sitting down at the edge of class.

Yagoda smiles at them both and began the lesson explaining the chi paths of the body and how with water bending you manipulated them.

"You must learn to let the energy flow, like a river and direct more water towards the wounded areas," She instructs. Nya watches eager to learn. "Why are you here Nya?" Nya doesn't look at Katara next to her. "Why do you want to learn healing instead of combat?" Katara asks and Nya glares at her.

"Because I'm not thinking of myself. My brother is dying and I'm going to stop that from happening. So quiet," She snaps at her. Katara blinks and looks away ashamed she had forgotten all about Kai's condition. Wrapped up in her own world and goals.

Zuko was meanwhile watching the demonstration with surprising curiosity and eagerness despite not being able to do healing.

After the lesson Nya thanks Yagoda and ran off to the healers hut to her brother. Katara stayed back and thanked Yagoda also same with Zuko wanting to be polite.

"So who's the lucky man?" Yagoda asks like it was hot gossip. "What?" Katara asks in confusion. "Your betrothal necklace, your getting married right?" Yagoda asks pointing to Katara's necklace. "Oh no, I'm too young for that. My grandmother gave this necklace to my mother and my mother gave this necklace to me," Katara explains fondly.

Yagoda takes a closer look at the necklace and her eyes widened. "I don't believe it. I don't know how I didn't recognize it earlier. Your the spitting image of Kanna!" Yagoda exclaims and Katara was shocked. "Wait? You know my Gran Gran?" She asks. "Long ago me and Kanna were friends, she was born here. In the Northern tribe," Yagoda explains. "She never told me," Katara confesses shocked by this revaluation. "She was engaged to a young water bender and he carved her that necklace," Yagoda explains pointing to said necklace.

"Why did she leave?" Katara asks. "Best guess she didn't love the guy she was supposed to marry," Zuko comments on the father private conversation, but hey Zuko can't pick up social cues for the life of him.

Yagoda nodded to that and Katara frowns feeling sorry for her grandmother.

Katara thanks Yagoda for the lesson and walked out not noticing Zuko staying back. "Umm excuse me miss?" He asks. "Yes sweetie?" She smiles. "I was wondering if waterbending could maybe heal my scar?" Zuko asks. Yagoda frowns in thought and reaches out to hover her hand over the scar. "It's old sweet boy. We may be able to fix your hearing or sight somewhat, but I'm not entirely sure if a wound like this can be healed," Yagoda explains.