Water Duel

First thing Nya did that morning was run to the healing huts where a crowd had formed at the door instantly filling her heart with a terrible feeling.

"Move," she said pushing past people to get to the front and inside the hut trying to get to her brother.

When she got to the front she was prepared for the worst, but instead she saw her brother awake, not blue, and sitting between Zuko and Sokka while Yagoda checked him.

"Kai!" Nya yells and her brother looks to her breaking into a smile. "Sis!" He said and opens his arms out. Nya ran into them knocking Kai over and sending them tumbling back onto the bed.

"Kai, your okay! Don't do that again!" She slaps his face. "Okay okay I deserve that, but it's not like I wanted to get hyperthermia," He defends himself laughing as Nya slaps him again. "You are not leaving my sight again you dumbass!" She yells while also hugging him tightly crying a little. Kai hugs her back and said.

"Well you can thank Zuko for it," Nya looks at the prince awkwardly standing to the side of the hut after leaving the bed to give her and Kai a moment and she mouths "thank you" Zuko avoids eye contact and blushes faintly. "It was Sokka's idea," he mumbles gesturing with his head to Sokka next to him dabbing his eyes with a cloth. "It's dusty in here okay?" he defends blowing into the cloth.

Nya hugs Kai tightly and he hugs back. After a moment Kai and Nya separated so Kai could get a proper check up and some warmer clothes. It was seen as all fine and that he would not be loosing any limbs to frostbite. Healers crowded Zuko asking how he did it, but he just shys himself away not used to the attention and praise. Lucky for him someone came into the hut and yelled. "Hey everyone! There's a water duel at the palace!" Everyone exchanges glances and got up heading to the palace in a minute flat just in time to see  Pakku ensnare Katara in several spikes.

"Your done," He said to her coldly. "I'm not finished with you!" Katara yells struggling to get out of the spikes. "Go back to the healing huts where woman belong," Pakku said. Nya growls at the guy and decided she needs to teach this master what a real water bender can do.

"Hey Master Pakku!" Pakku turns to look at the one who called him not noticing Katara's necklace by his feet. "I challenge you to a duel! I win and you let any woman in the north pole learn water bending, you win and I'll......." Nya didn't actually know what she'd give him if she lost. Pakku smirks amused by this and finishes for her. "You stay in the North Pole and become the healer for my bending lessons," he said and Nya growls knowing exactly this. If she lost she would be bound to watch others do the moves she envied and wished for, but she was never one to back down no matter the odds.

"Nya let's just," Kai tries to talk to her, but it was too late. "Deal!"

Pakku releases Katara and she walks off defeated next to her brother and Zuko where Aang met them. "Kai! Your alive," Aang cheers. "Yeah Zuko and Sokka healed me," Kai said gesturing to the boys. "Really how?" Aang asks intrested. "I'll explain later," Kai said and looks to Nya and Pakku.

They were standing at opposite sides of the ice field and the air was tense. Pakku stood in a bending stance while Nya was in a spirnting motion. Both were waiting for the other to move, ready to start. After five boring minutes of seeing who would crack Nya was the first to move. She spinted to her side and Pakku send a wave of water at her. She redirected the water to shield herself than used the remainders to create several ninja stars and threw them at Pakku. Pakku dodges them or broke them with ease. "Basic," he taunts. "Yeah, but this isn't," Nya jumps up and when she touched ground the snow around her swallows her.

A mount formed in the ground indicating where she was and Pakku was unsure how to respond to this, but in the end he stomps his feet and several ice pillars formed in the direction she was and the mound stopped in front of one indicating he had hit her. "Easy," Pakku declares, but than shouts from the crowd yelled. "Behind you!" He turns intime to get a snowball to his face. Growling he wipes it off and Nya was there laughing. "How?" he asks. "Did you really think I'd make my position so obvious?" she asks. Pakku sends himself back and sends several spikes at her like he did with Katara, but Nya spins and broke into spinjitzu.