Episode 5

It was the busiest Sunday, admin wise, that Melissa had ever seen

It was the busiest Sunday, admin wise, that Melissa had ever seen. Apparently, John was putting that newfound money of his to work. She had already assisted Parrish with checking in two new students that morning and before she could even sit down to rest, another three cars pulled into their graveled parking lot.

Melissa glanced at the staff that were available. Chris was still in the office with the mother of their latest student, while John was showing the other set of parents the grounds already, and Parrish had just made his escape with his new students from that morning. That left just Harris, Marin, and herself for adults working the front office. Marin was a counselor for the all girls group, most of her students were seniors and she was expecting to get another one that afternoon. Melissa was supposed to be adding a female student to her own team, as well. But who did the other car belong to?

She glanced at Harris and Marin with a questionable expression. Apparently neither one of them knew who else was being admitted that day, either. Four was already a record high.

The first car was a beat up old sedan. A flustered looking woman exited the driver side and went around to open the backseat for her daughter. A small girl with rainbow colored hair grumbled as she exited.

"I can't believe you put the child safety locks on!" She hissed at her mom, "You're unbelievable!"

Before Melissa could greet them, however, the second car opened. This one housed a business woman and her daughter. The two avoided looking at each other at all costs. Melissa assumed that it had been a very quiet car ride. The last car rudely drove past the two sets of mother and daughter pairs to make their own parking spot in the grass next to the office. A couple exited the car, leaving their son sitting in the back.

"Who do we have to talk to, to send our son to this boarding school?" The man practically shouted.

Marin's eyebrows raised as she whispered to Melissa that she would take the girls to be checked in. Harris merely shrugged but opened the office door for the two patiently waiting mothers.

Melissa set her face to a beaming smile as she rounded on the unexpected arrival. "Welcome to Beacon of Hope!"

 "Welcome to Beacon of Hope!"