Episode 22 Part 2

Stiles found himself sandwiched between Lydia and Kira

Stiles found himself sandwiched between Lydia and Kira. Lydia held his hand tightly but had her head resting on Jackson's shoulder. Kira unhooked her arm from Stiles to properly make out with Scott. Erica and Boyd, it would seem, were already doing the same. Liam gaped openly up at the stars. They truly were a site to behold. Knowing that it wasn't fair to Jackson, Stiles squeezed Lydia's hand once and then let go. He slowly made his way to the outer shell of students with plans of sneaking over to the lake dock in order to watch the stars streak by alone.

He was stopped short, however, by a shadowy man making his way quickly towards the mass of students.

The height, the walk, the entire silhouette, Stiles knew this man.

"Derek?"

The sun had already set by the time Derek realized where his uncle was taking him

The sun had already set by the time Derek realized where his uncle was taking him. He sat up straighter in the passenger seat of the sports car.

"You're taking me back to school? We're going to Beacon of Hope?" Derek demanded of Peter.

Peter sighed as if the answer should be obvious and he was disappointed in Derek that it took him so long to realize. "You wanted to go back right? You've been practically exuding teen angst from the moment I picked you up."

"Yeah, yes, I want to go back— I want to go home." Derek wasn't afraid to admit it. Sometime between the place feeling like a prison and a retreat, Beacon of Hope became his home.

Peter shot him a sideways glare at the comment.

"But what about your daughter? What about Malia?"

"I'm sure she'll be just as melodramatic and moody without you teaching her how it's done," Peter said conversationally. "I'm sure she'll hate my guts for some time, but I'll keep her alive, I promise, I'll leave out bowls of food and water and everything."

The joke didn't really reassure Derek. If there was one thing he had learned from this little excursion to his uncle's apartment, it was that the man really was not parental material.