𝘪'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘵.1

♥ ♥ ♥

A month or so had gone by since JJ's mom disappeared. She had taken out JJ's dad's boat during a tropical storm and hadn't come back. We didn't know why. We had no idea of the reasons why she did what she did.

Of course JJ had taken it really badly.. I had tried to stay close to my best friend throughout this situation but it simply wasn't enough; he would put on the tough boy act but he was changed. He was distant from me, from us, from the world. He didn't even come surfing with us anymore or just hang out at the Chateau like old times. He was broken and we couldn't fix him.

"Y/n, is that JJ?" Pope asked, sitting up on his surfboard. I snapped my head towards the direction he was looking at and my heart skipped a beat as my eyes landed on a blonde shape in the distance.

I paddled towards him with all the strength I had in my little weak arms. As soon as my hands touched the sand, I jumped out of the water and ran towards him.

A bitter smile appeared on his face and I slowed down, taken aback from his reaction.

"JJ?"

"Yo" he replied.

"Yo?" Kie mimicked frustrated, as she and Pope joined us. "We didn't hear from you for days and all you can say is "yo"."

"Look I've had a lot of shit to deal with, okay?" JJ shot back and I didn't miss the way his eyes sparkled as he spoke.. something had actually happened, he wasn't just making excuses.

"What happened?" I asked, trembling, fearing the answer.

"Nothing.. it's okay now" he said as he took off his shirt, ready to jump back in with us.

My eyes landed on his toned chest that was sadly covered in purple dots.. bruises. 

"JJ-"

"C'mon you guys! What are we waiting for?" he cut me off, definitely avoiding the conversation. 

We joined him reluctantly and surfed for the rest of the day.

John B had gone on a date with Sarah Cameron so he only came back to the Chateau at dinner time. I helped Kie to bring the leftovers from her dad's restaurant to us so we could eat something normal instead of moldy bread with some old jam. Living in a house all for ourselves was fun but being broke wasn't.

"Here they come!" Pope yelled as he saw us in the driveway and walked up to us to help. I smiled, giving him the bags full of delicious food.

We ate it in no time and then decided to just chill on the couch while JJ, as usual, lit a joint. I took enough puffs to tell my body to stop so I did and died laughing as I watched my friends doing idiot stuff being high as shit.

"I'll be outside for a little, okay?" JJ said out of the blue and went out the back door.

We nodded and watched him leave. "Should I go talk to him?" Kie proposed, a worried look on her face.

"I think y/n should.." John B said, looking at me. I stared into his eyes and then nodded, agreeing that it was probably the best. So I got up and followed my best friend on the porch. I found him sitting on the couch, looking towards the marsh.

"May I?" I asked, pointing at the free spot next to him. He nodded, smiling and looking up at me. I collapsed on the couch and curled up around his body.

After a few moments of awkward silence I spoke. "JJ?"

"Mh?" he hummed in response.

"What's going on? We all saw the bruises earlier, tell me" I said, sitting up.

He didn't look at me, he had his eyes stuck on the marsh. He sighed loudly before starting to talk.

"It's my old man.. he's been coming home drunk lately and we all know how that goes"

I looked down at my hands, lost for words. We figured out the bruises were from JJ's dad but actually hearing it from him kinda made it worse.

"I'm really sorry J.."

"It's not your fault, y/n.. y'all can't do nothing about it.. I just have to live with this"

"That is so not true JJ!" I interrupted him, forcing him to look at me. "You have friends, you have the Pogues, you have me. Your best friend. I'm always here for you.. you just have to let me in sometime"

At this time there was no doubt that I had tears in my eyes. His eyes sparkled too but definitely not with tears. It was like fury, rage.  I was confused to say the least..

"Wha-" He didn't even let me finish, he just got up and took off. I followed my best friend and saw him jumping on his bike, ready to take off.

"JJ?" I called for him to stop.

He looked over at me but didn't blink, instead he continued putting his helmet on. I then literally jumped in front of his bike, stopping him the hard way.

"What the hell!" he yelled as my body stuck on the ground firmly.

"I should be the one saying that! God, J! What happened to you huh? I'm your best friend. We used to tell each other everything! What changed?" I asked but basically yelled with tears in my eyes. I couldn't face an argument without crying. Pitiful.

He didn't say anything for a couple of seconds but then spoke: "Just leave me alone"

I scoffed and threw my hands in the air in frustration.

"If you don't want to tell me what in the actual hell has been going on with you, fine I couldn't care less! Do you and just go to hell JJ!" I screamed at him and finally moved out of his way.

He rolled his eyes at me and then left.

Tears were rolling down hot on my cheeks as I felt my skin burning everywhere.

"What was that all about?" John B asked, closing the door behind him.

"I-" I started, sobbing. "I think we lost him"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi bestiesssss ;3 part two coming out soon! luv ya