𝘪'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘵.2

⚠️TW: mentioning of drUg$⚠️

♥ ♥ ♥

A couple of weeks went by and not a single word from JJ. Not a note. Not a text. Nothing.

Me and the Pogues were starting to really worry for him. He had never acted like that before, none of us had for that mattered.

I was laying on my bedroom floor, legs up trying to think of anything other than my best friend. He was the person I cared about the most and I'd treated him that way. How could he ever forget me for that? He was clearly in need of help and support and I'd just yelled at him..

"Honey?" I heard my dad's voice, calling for me. "Breakfast's on the table if you want some"

"Thanks, dad"

I haven't been eating for a while now.. I just wasn't hungry mainly because I couldn't get my head on something that wasn't JJ.

I had loved that boy since the first moment I saw him and when I understood that we'd become best friends, I knew we would've never parted. And yet..

Still I put my mind to eating something since I was suffering from really bad headaches lately, surely due to the fact that I wasn't eating.

When I was done I decided to finally go and see my best friend.

I parked my car outside of JJ's house and carefully walked to his bedroom window. I knocked on it and waited for an answer but when none came I just climbed inside. Nobody was in JJ's room but I still made sure Luke Maybank wasn't home. He wasn't the most charming fella to have around whenever he was drunk or high, so basically every hour of his miserable life.

I arrived in the living room and there I saw him: laying on the couch asleep, an empty bottle in one hand and a smoked joint, still burning in the other. But what I saw on the table made my heart twist. The wooden surface was a mess but under all of that I saw traces of white powder. Cocaine.

"You have got to be shitting me" I said, high enough to wake him up.

"Y/n?" he questioned as soon as he opened his eyes.

"Yes it's me! Your fucking best friend or did you forget with all the fun you've been having?!" I asked rhetorically and turned around. I couldn't bear even just the sight of that stuff. It was making me sick and knowing that he's been using it made it even worse.

"W-what? Y/n w-wait!" he blurred out, getting up from the couch. The bottle fell on the carpet but he didn't seem to bother.

"What JJ?!" I ask-yelled, facing him. "Wait for what?! For you to have another round?! No thank you!"

"It's not what it looks like"

A sound similar to a forced laugh left my mouth. "It's not what it looks like.. it's not what it looks like?!?" I repeated, raising my voice. At least he could've gone with a more realistic excuse. "Tell me what it is then"

He looked down at his feet and took a puff from his joint, making me laugh again.

"JJ we hadn't had a real conversation in months! MONTHS JJ! We used to be best friends. No secrets between us and yet.. here I find you enjoying yourself with the only thing that I truly hate! Jesus Christ JJ! Grow a couple, will ya"

"I'm not enjoying myself, y/n" he brutally interrupted me, snapping his head at me. I immediately went quiet.

"Do you think I'm doing what I'm doing because I like it? Do you think it makes me proud to do the only thing I know you hate the most? To disappoint you? Because all you guys ever do is to punish me for my fucking mistakes and never EVER ask why I make them"