𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 pt.2

♥ ♥ ♥

I hopped on JJ's bike and in the blink of an eye we were out of Figure 8.

"You want a beer?" I asked him as I went into the kitchen of the Chateau. He didn't answer, just walked out the back door. I took one beer out of the fridge and followed him out. I found him standing in front of the little carving in the tree that the Pogues had done as a memorial for John B.

I walked up to him and locked my arm with his. "Are you okay?"

He lifted his head up, snapping out of his thoughts and just looked at me. Eyes watery. "I am"

I forced a smile and nodded.

"Hey, I'm okay, really." he reassured me, turning around so that he could be before me. I looked up at him and tried to smile again. He smiled back and finally leaned in, placing his lips on mine. With one hand he cupped my cheek while the other one wandered down to my waist and pulled me closer to his body. I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on my tippy toes to be closer to him if that was possible. When we pulled away we were breathless.

"You have no idea how much I love you" JJ said in a whisper almost as if he didn't want the rest of the world to hear.

"I love you too J" I whispered back before pecking his lips one last time.

As JJ guided me to the hammock the only thing I could think about was how to tell him about the scholarship. We'd both been fired, he'd almost been caught up in a fight.. I couldn't tell him that he was gonna lose me all on the same day. I could never do such a cruel thing.

"Why did you quit too?" he asked me once he helped me climb in the hammock.

"Because Raz has been an ass to both of us for enough time now. Besides, I hated that uniform it made me look like a butler"

"A hot one" JJ commented, smirking. "Shut up" I told him as I took a sip of his beer.

"Ugh I don't want to think about that jerk anymore. I need a distraction" he scoffed, shifting closer to me. Then I felt a hand on my hip, eagerly sliding down.

"Nuh-uh mister. Don't even think about it" I denied, slapping his hand away. He fake-frowned and looked at me with puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes, playfully. "I'm not saying no bubs, just not right now.."

His eyes lit up with so much hope it made me laugh. How could I ruin that?

"Can we at least cuddle for a little?" he then asked, looking down at me. I scoffed playfully and nodded happily. "Of course," I said, opening my arms for him. With a loving smile on his face, he shifted next to me, burying his head in the hollow of my neck. My hands trailed up to his head and my fingers ran gently through his golden locks.

"Did you just purr?" I asked, laughing after I heard some weird noises coming from him. JJ just shrugged. "You're lucky I didn't moan"

My breath was caught up in my throat as I tried so hard not to blush. Thankfully he wouldn't have noticed anyway.

After a while, JJ lifted his head up and looked at me. "Hey, did you get anything back from NYU yet?" Shit. "Let's not think of school.." I said but I didn't sound convincing..

Lucky for me, JJ just nodded and let the conversation drop. He moved his body up so that now I could snuggle up around his body. We were watching the sun getting down on the marsh, coloring the sky with beautiful warm colors. I just loved sunsets.

"Y/n?" he called me.

"Hmm?"

"Is there something you're not telling me?"