𝘍𝘢𝘬𝘦 pt.1

"How are you feeling?" Kie asked me as I'm sure she noticed I was being quieter than usual. I had just broken up with my now-ex-boyfriend Rafe about a week ago and she wouldn't stop asking how I was doing. As if I didn't know how happy they all were that I had broken up with him.

I hated myself for not believing them when I should've and breaking up with Rafe when I truly had to, a long time ago.. before everything happened.

I looked up at her and smiled lovingly. "I am."

"Not that you didn't know this already," a male voice chimed in. I looked to my left and saw John B helping Pope with an enormous wooden case that actually smelled amazing. Who knew what goods Mr Heyward blessed us with every day. "But you seem a lot more like yourself now"

I furrowed my brows, confused. They put the case down.

"You know, since you've broken up with that piece of shit" John B explained, walking back to the register where me and Kie were. Pope followed him as well.

"That piece of shit happens to be your girlfriend's brother.." I reminded him, hopping on the wooden counter. He shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, don't remind her that."

I laughed silently but my smile faded when I realized what time it was.

"Ugh, I have to go to work" I grunted, forcing myself to jump down the counter. Kie passed me my backpack and phone. "Have any of you seen JJ?"

They all shook their heads. I shrugged and just walked to my bike.

Every time I would arrive at the country club the actual smell of money was sickening. Of course, it wouldn't have been if that money was right in your pocket.

I chained my bike to my usual pole and noticed that JJ's motorcycle was already there.

Somehow knowing that he would be in there, in the lion's den, made my lips curl up into a childish smile.

"You're late again." Raz scolded me when I failed in my attempt not to be seen by him. But when he eventually did, a disappointed look was shot towards me.

"By two minutes, Raz, come on!" I protested, quickly tying my apron around my waist.

"Tables on the porch need refilling. I'm not paying you to be late, not even by two minutes." he said firmly and I just nodded, apologetically. I mean, what could I have possibly said to him?

I just rolled my eyes and scoffed frustrated before plastering the fakest smile of all on my face, hoping it would get me good tips.

-
About twenty minutes went by and I'd been so busy with waiting tables that I hadn't even noticed I still hadn't seen JJ. I did a quick scan of the porch area of the restaurant looking for him. When my eyes landed on a beautiful blonde head, my heartbeat fastened.

I started walking towards him but as I did, I couldn't help but overhear a conversation that was happening at one of the tables.

"There she is.. the bitch." I heard one of the girls whisper to her friend and when I realized they were talking about me, I stopped abruptly and turned towards the table.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I asked with a big smile on my face because I was aware that some way or another, Raz was watching me. He always had his eyes fixed on me or JJ, looking for an excuse to fire us.

The girl looked up at me with such an attitude, I wanted to punch those perfect teeth or hers.

"Oh, I'm sure you've heard that right." "Rafe told us what you did, you whore" the other girl spoke, hatred in her eyes. I was completely shocked. I knew Rafe wasn't capable of accepting the break up but for him to go around and tell people that I was a whore when he was the one who cheated on me more than one time?? Oh, hell no.