𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘫𝘢𝘪𝘭 pt.2🔥

*CW: a little steamyyy*🔥

♥ ♥ ♥

"Please Officer, can I see him?" I begged at the reception stand at the police station. I went there as soon as I could from Heyward's shop. Pope insisted on coming but his dad basically got him on lockdown until this whole mess was cleared out.

"I'm sorry miss but you can't"

"Why the hell not??!" I screamed frustrated, slamming my hands on the counter.

"Wowo what's going on here?" I heard a familiar voice coming from behind us. It was Sheriff Peterkin.

"She's insisting on seeing the boy but I told her she-"

"It's fine Mark, I'll take it from here" she interrupted him, motioning to me to follow her. We moved to a more private corner of the waiting room. My entire body shaking.

"Y/n.. what's happening? You know it's risky for you to be in here" she asked, stroking my arm sweetly. I shrugged her off impatiently.

"I want to see JJ," I explained confidently.

"We already told you, you can't at the moment-"

"But why?" I asked again as I felt tears forming in my eyes. She stared at me for a second, considering her answer.

"Luke's coming to get him"

My heart dropped. So this was why they wouldn't let me see him. Made sense now.

"You know how he is.. most of the time. I seriously don't want you to get hurt"

"Nono, it's okay. I understand. Thank you for telling me."

After that I went home and just sat down in my room waiting. I waited and waited until I thought it was about time to go and check on JJ.

I rode my bike there just in case Luke was high or drunk, which he probably was, at least he wouldn't hear me arrive.

I leaned my bike on a tree making as little noise as possible and slowly approached JJ's house. I immediately went to the back and stopped under his room window. 

"JJ? JJ?!" I whispered desperately, hoping he would hear me. I heard sobs from inside. He was crying.

"JJ, please open the damn window"

"Y/n?" he asked and I heard the window opening. I stood up and climbed in.

"Is he home?" I asked, talking about his dad. He shook his head. "He just left.. we ran out of beer"

I relaxed at his answer but then I looked at his face. Fresh bruises all over his cheeks, his lip bleeding a little. Tears came up to my eyes. "Oh my god, J.."

"It's fine y/n. It's fine" he said, turning away from me. I walked before him.

"It fucking isn't JJ! Look at you.. Jesus"

I moved my hand up to his face and caressed the wounds, careful not to hurt him any more. He tilted his head so that his face could touch my hand.

"I'm so sorry" I said and wrapped my arms around his torso, staining his shirt with my tears. He broke down crying again and buried his face in the hollow of my neck. I hated myself for not being able to help him ease the pain. There was nothing more heartbreaking than when I felt his tears on my exposed skin.

"It's gonna be okay JJ.. I'm here now" I said, trying to be as comforting as ever as I ran my fingers through his blonde hair. He moved his head up and looked down at me, wiping away the last tears with his thumb.