Chapter 2: A little break

Mailins pov:

After we got arrested the police took mugshots and is now interrogating each of us.

"I'm not saying anything." I glare at the officer.

She groans annoyed "Well good for us, your friend already told us about everything." She grins smugly at me.

"TOBY!" I yell angrily.

"Sorry your highness." I hear him meekly reply.

Suddenly Krel shows up with his robot parents. They're all wearing suits and pretending to be from the FBI.

"You kids" He scoffs "you're in a lot of trouble."

"We're very sorry." Claire hides a smile.

"Nature is mother to us all." Nari says.

One of the robots starts malfunctioning. Nari blocks the officer's path with her plant and Arrgh breaks through the door.

"Holy smoke! Look what you just did! Was that door even locked Arrrgh?" Toby asks shocked.

"No." Arrrgh responds with a shrug.

The taco truck honks, and we jump in.

We arrive back at Camelot, which Krel fixed up with his technology from Akiridion-5.

I am very thankful for him doing that and giving me my home back.

We enter and I immediately sink down on my throne with an exhausted sigh. With the flick of my wrist a rosé glow washes over me like a wave and I'm back in my usual dress with my crown. I just feel like I must wear it here, to honor father's legacy.

Krel turns up his music and Nari plays with Archie.

I giggle "It is very strange to see my husband's body acting like that."
Then I turn to look at the empty throne beside me, my husband's throne. When I was crowned Queen, I declared him King after our wedding. I hadn't felt worthy enough back then to rule by myself after fathers too early passing. Also, it was too much responsibility pressure for me.

"How long will this spell hold?" Archie turns to me and asks as Nari cuddles him.

"I'm afraid my husband's Transmogrification spell won't last forever." I explain with a sigh.

"Which is why my fervent studies cannot be interrupted!" Blinky says angrily while shooting the ball away from which Krels music plays. Blinky covers his ears.

Krel changes the music to heavy metal while working.

Nemura groans "Can you stop with the infernal noise?" And throws her book at the ball. It now plays Opera music.

I watch with an amused smile on my lips.

"I don't know. I kinda like it."

"It helps me concentrate!" Krel argues to Nemura "You try doing this!"

"Don't let her annoy you dear. You're doing great!" I cheer from my throne.

"Thank you, your highness! Oh, my sisters returned from Akiridion-5!" He announces happily.

Archie flies over to me as Krel and Steve run off.

"You know, you sound like an old woman when you call this young man, that lives here and fixed up your castle, dear."

"I AM an old woman Arch!" I giggle. He chuckles "I guess you are with your 920 years. But you still sound like his mother or something, you even mother Nari!"

"I do not."

"You call them both dear or sweetie, make sure they're comfortable, let them live in your castle, cook food for them and you even read Nari bedtime stories!" Archie says.

"Oh, I love Mailins bedtime stories!" Nari calls over excitedly.

"... ok maybe I do mother them, but can you blame me?! They're adorable!"

Archie just sighs tiredly "just don't get too attached, you know you'll outlive them. You're immortal, Krel isn't and Nari is in constant danger."

I look down sadly "I know. But how else do you expect me to react when I have no children of my own?" I look back up at him. I feel a few tears gathering in the corner of my eyes.

Archie smiles sadly "maybe someday you will. We just don't know if they'd be immortal as well. You know Douxie can't lose anyone else. How would he react to seeing his own children die as he lives on? How would you?"

I sigh, a tear escapes my eye, but I quickly wipe it away "I know... thanks Archie, for being there for me and Douxie." I give him a small smile.

"Of course, your highness." He smiles back.

The others come back and stand around the Round Table, in front of the steps leading up to mine and Douxies thrones. Blinky begins to talk.

"Now that we are all here Merlin's grimoire has enlightened me to the destructive forces of the Arcane Order."

"Oh boy. Whenever he opens a book, it's pretty bad." Toby says.

Jim, his mother, Strickler and Claire enter the throne room.

"You have room for one more at that big table?" He asks while grunting in pain.

Everyone greets him happily.

I smile "Of course Trollhunter, you're always welcome at my round table."

Jim smiles back at me after hugging the others "Thank you, your highness. For letting us stay here and helping with the investigation on the Arcane Order as well as the medical and food supplies."

"Your friends of my husbands, of course I'll help you. And please call me Mailin, ever since Camelot's era came to an end, I'm no longer Queen of anything."

"Well, you're the owner of this palace, which is still Camelot, so for me you're still the Queen and in charge while we're here on your property." Jim says.

I feel myself blush from all the praise "Well that sounds logical."

He smiles at me before turning to the others gathered.

"So, what are we dealing with?" Jim asks.