Chapter 3: What are we dealing with?

Mailins pov:

"The Arcane Oder." Blinky continues. The machine above the table scans the book and holograms of what's written inside appear.

"They seek to reawaken the Titans. Imbued by the Arcanes primordial energies, three Titans were their handmaidens to the birth of the universe. They have been in stasis for a millennia, awaiting a reckoning of epic proportions. A reckoning this world or any other, has never seen. When they combine in the center of the universe, Earth will be reborn back to the age of first creation."

"Reborn?" Claire asks confused.

"Don't tell me they're going to destroy the earth." Toby sighs annoyed.

"Quite the opposite. They will erase all life, they will burn the oceans, they will flood the cities." Blinky says.

"That's destroying it!" Toby yells angrily.

"No, it's a new start. Life will begin again." I argue.

"Life will start anew." Nari adds sadly.

"That's a joyous spin." Jim's mom scoffs.

"Where is the center of the universe?"

"You are very familiar with it." Blinky says "its Arcadia."

"Wait, Arcadia, our hometown, is the center of the World?" Eli asks in disbelief.

"Of the universe." Strickler corrects him.

"Kinda explains a lot, when you think about it." Toby says.

"Nothing is getting reborn as long as we have Nari. They need her to complete the ritual, am I correct?" Jim asks.

"All three primordial wizards must be present, correct." I nod.

Jim walks towards my throne, which Nari is sitting in front of, and kneels in front of her.

"Tell me you know where the Arcane Order is." He says softly.

Nari just shakes her head sadly.

Suddenly she starts screaming in pain. She's holding her head as I feel tears gather in my eyes. She stumbles down the stairs and lands on the ground.

"Nari!" I immediately get up and rush to her side, kneeling next to her.

"What's wrong?" I hear Claire ask as I feel tears going down my cheeks.

"They're breaking the spell." Blinky answers her.

Nari groans in pain as I cradle her, her head in my lap.

I put my hands on her head, they glow rosé as I try to ease the pain.

"Oh Douxie..." I whimper under my breath, worried about my husband knowing that he's feeling the same amount of pain as Nari.

"Fight it, Nari. Fight it." Jim says while sitting next to us.

Her screaming continues and I feel more and more worried.

Suddenly she's glowing green and floating into the air.

"Trollhunter make Ninth Configuration." She gasps "Krohnisfere will make right." She gasps again, struggling "Get it. Get it!" She screams before the glowing stops and Douxie falls back down, unconscious.

I'm able to catch him with a levitation spell before he hits the ground and lower him into my lap softly.

"Oh Douxie..." I sigh as he blinks his eyes open slowly. He gasps and his eyes widen.