Chapter 5: NARI

Chapter 5: NARI

Mailins pov:

"At least we have the Krohnisfere." Blinky says as he takes it from my husband.

"How does this bring us victory? Do you bludge on your foe with it?" Varvatos asks.

"Sort of looks like a blinged-out Magic 8-Ball." Toby says.

Jim takes it and looks at it "How is this supposed to make things right?"

"I... don't know." Blinky sighs.

"If only Nari were more specific." Toby says.

"Let us talk to her." I say, take my husband's hand and step forward.

"I need to try again." Douxie says.

"She's fused with the Titan. You saw what happened to Nomura." Aja says.

"I was inside her head once before. I can do it again. But I need to be with her." Douxie says.

"I can fly you back up when you get thrown of." I unfold my wings.

My husband nods at me gratefully "Thank you love."

"We'll help you." Jim says. He turns to Aja "Aja, where is Nari right now?"

Aja pulls up a hologram. It shows Nari in Mexico.

Claire shadow portals us there, onto the Titan.

"Nari! Nari?" Douxie calls out to her.

"She can't hear you." Jim says.

"I have to believe you're still in there, Nari." Douxie says as we carefully walk towards her. "If you can hear me, please, give me a sign."

Suddenly vines grab Claire and Jim.

"Keep talking to her Douxie, I got this!" I fly off, cut off the vines with a spell and grab Claire and Jim with a levitation spell. I have them hovering above us, not too close in case they get grabbed again.

Vines try to hold Douxie away from Nari, but he struggles forward, activates his bracelet and can reach her.

He frees her from Bellrocs control.

I lower Claire and Jim back down and run to my husband who's coughing after getting choked by the vines.

"Douxie! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine love." He smiles at me softly reassuringly. I peek him on the cheek before kneeling next to Nari and hugging her tightly.

"I'm so glad to have you back!" I feel a few tears roll down my cheeks.

"I missed you too Mailin." Nari giggles.

I feel my husband's arms around us.

"Where am I?" Nari asks confused as she hugs us back.

"You're with us." My husband says relieved "You're with us."

We part and Jim kneels next to us.

"Nari, we have the Krohnisfere, but we don't know how to make the Ninth Configuration. How does it make it right?" Jim asks.

"Trollhunter make Ninth Configuration. Krohnisfere will make right." Nari repeats.

"Please, Nari."

"Time unfolds differently, like a flower. Only Trollhunter will know." Nari says.

Jim grunts annoyed "That doesn't make any sense!"

Douxie puts a hand on his shoulder as Nari gets back up "Well, at least we have Nari now."

"No, you have a Titan!" Naris voice echoes.

"Yeah, a Titan miles away from the other Titans."

"Not for long. I know how to get you there." Claire says.

"No, Claire, the Titan's too big."

"Jim's right." Douxie agrees.

"I can do this. One more time." Claire says and opens a portal. Then she opens another portal for us. We jump through and I steady Claire.

She yells and opens the other portal. Nari and her Titan fall through.

The ice Titan and Nature Titan fight.

In the end Nari can defeat Skrael and Kill him but her stabs her as well.

"No! NARI!" Douxie and I yell.

The Titans fall.

"No, No!" Douxie yells and runs off. I run after him.

"Nari!" We yell. As we reach the Titan the plant fade away.

The others run up behind us.

I feel myself go numb as I sink to my knees. Everything is blurry as the tears keep falling and I feel sobs wreck through me.

Douxie turns and kneels next to me. I feel him pull me into his lap as I cry. He puts his hand on my head and threads his fingers through my hair, it's what he always does to calm me.

After a few minutes I am able calm down. I wipe my tears away and breathe again without sobbing.

"She did it. Nari stopped them from uniting." I hear Jim say behind me.