Chapter 6: The Ninth Configuration

Mailins pov:

"Seklos and Gaylen." Aja curses.

"What?" Claire asks.

"It's still marching." Aja says in disbelief.

"And it's approaching Arcadia." Krel adds.

"But why? The three can no longer unite. Blinky, you're sure you read the Grimoire, right?" Jim asks Blinky.

"Of course." Blinky opens the book and reads. "When the three unite, Earth will be reborn, back to the age of first creation. You see?"

Jim then notices that two pages were glued together. He rips them open, and my husband starts reading what it says now.

"But if only one succeeds-"

Blinky cuts him off "That will be the Element from which the World will be reborn."

"You forgot to turn the Page?" Toby asks angrily.

"It was stuck and moldy!" Blinky retorts just as angry.

"And you didn't notice?" Toby asks, "You've got six eyes."

"The world was ending. I was rushed."

Douxie takes the book "That's why the Titans were coming to Arcadia. They didn't have to unite with each other. They have to unite with the Heartstone."

"That actually makes horrible sense. The reason all these Trolls, extraterrestrials, wizards happened to come here is because under Arcadia is the only surviving primordial Heartstone. As I said, Arcadia is the center of the universe." Blinky says.

We hop into the taco truck and drive back to Arcadia to get Excalibur.

The military has started evacuating and lets us pass easily.

We meet with Stuart and the others.

Jim tries to take Excalibur as the others encourage him, but he fails, again.

"We gave your plan a try. When my ships arrive, we will evacuate." Aja says.

Loud footsteps come closer, Steve screams.

The ground shakes with the Titan steps as it draws nearer.

"Now what?" Krel asks.

The Heartstone rises from the ground.

"Oh, fuzzbuckets." Douxie and I curse.

A cloud forms over Arcadia, thunder roars and lightning clashes as the Hearstone floats upwards.

And then Steve screams again.

He's giving birth. Now.

Eli drives off with him.

Jim takes out his Amulet. "The Trollhunter will know... What do I know? The Ninth Configuration. Okay, nine. What is... Ninth Configuration?" Jim asks himself. "The Ninth Configuration." He says again and looks at the others as he realizes something.

"The Configuration is us." He speaks. He turns to me sheepishly "Not you sadly your highness... Sorry."

"It's alright. I knew you were destined for this." I smirk mischievously at them.

"I'll help you..." I took a step back "from right here." (A/n: that just reminded me of that one tiktok meme 🤣)

Jim chuckles.

"The nine of us." Claire continues.

"We can pull Excalibur together." My husband says excitedly.