226 - Rebecca

Colby had been relentless so far in this trip. He didn't let me sleep with him during the day, saying I could enjoy the sun so I had to, and it was difficult even to get him to let me sleep in his room with him for the short time in which we would both be in bed.

He was convinced I was wasting my time here, when really all I was doing was spending time with the one person I genuinely needed.

We went somewhere different every evening. First, it was exploring the jungle surrounding the house, then it was showing me the tiny town about three miles away from the house in case I needed something, then it was visiting the mountains, then it was going all the way down to the beach to watch the sunrise, after which Colby had to dart back home without me so he didn't drain himself.

It'd been a beautiful few days filled with happiness. I didn't think I'd ever smiled so much, and what made it better was that in each location, we made sure to sit down and talk; about life; about Julian; about my family or our friends; anything deep that helped us to understand ourselves and our feelings.

My mental state was better than ever because of our peace, so much so that I didn't think even going home could ruin the pure bliss inside of me.

Despite the amount of healing we'd already done in a few short days, Colby didn't have any plans to leave the island yet. I was right beside him in wanting to stay, as the place had some sort of draw that made it impossible to want to leave. All that was keeping me grounded in the fact that I lived in LA was the daily texts from Tara.

𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚔

𝚓𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔. 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎

𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚘?
𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎
𝚒 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎!

𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚔𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚜

For the fifth evening of our healing vacation, Colby had decided to get up early when the sun would only drain him a little, and rush me into a bikini, which was mostly all I'd worn anyway (Colby's heaven, as he'd said so himself). Instead of waiting, he'd grabbed me and started running in a blur so fast that I couldn't comprehend what direction we'd gone in, then he'd stopped and I'd looked around to see nature at its finest.

I didn't know how or why Colby hadn't shown me this dream inside of a dream when we explored the area, but we were stood beside a lake that was being fed by a tall waterfall, of which Colby started climbing using thick rocks—more like boulders.

His rush to get me here became clear when I reached the top with him and found that the sun was just now setting, creating an incredibly orange glow across the island at the horizon. We both got sucked into the view for minutes, right until the moment in which it had disappeared entirely.

And even then, we didn't say anything.

Life was perfect here, there was no disagreeing with that. All that was missing were our friends, who would honestly probably just make everything more hectic. From Jake to Kevin, there wasn't even the chance of peace between us all; not to mention Mike, who couldn't go long without a minor argument with someone that resolved within an hour.

All of that aside, I did miss my friends, especially Tara, Jake, and Katrina.

"You're beautiful."

I blinked for a moment trying to figure out where that voice had come from, only to find my boyfriend sitting beside me with a soft smile on his face. My face flushed and he grinned more, leaning over to kiss at my neck. I felt my pulse increasing as the pleasure of his affection flowed through my veins.