Epilogues

1 - Rebecca

Seeing my sister get married after all we'd been through made my heart feel like it was pumping again

Seeing my sister get married after all we'd been through made my heart feel like it was pumping again. She was so beautiful, so happy, and I could see the love that Brett held for her in his eyes. Although I'd been cautious at first, I was happy that she was moving onto this huge part of her life, with another big change coming up.

Angela didn't have just any wedding, she had a pregnant wedding, which made her look cuter if that was possible. I couldn't help but stare at that bump as she walked by, holding Colby's hand in an iron grip.

I didn't want children. It was never an option for me so I never really got the chance to fantasise about it. But now, seeing Angela pregnant, all of my wants were intensified. She hated it and always needed to have me on speed dial in case she needed something, as Brett had been busy previously. Now, after the wedding, it was his time to be with his wife and the mother of his child for a while until they could work something out.

So I'd never been more sure of the fact that I didn't want kids, reassured that I only had Colby and he was all I needed. Of course, I also had the rest of the clan — including Katrina after she was changed by Sam. She took a long time to finally join us with fangs, but she took on the role like a master of her craft.

No one was bitten. That was all we could ask for.

Jax's clan had extended a little further to include just one more person: Maggie.

Against my much better judgement, Maggie turned to Jax for help after a nasty breakup with Lewis and for whatever reason, the idiot offered to make her a vampire. Although she was hesitant at first, she did it, and joined Jax, Danielle, Stephanie, Thomas and Mark. Their clan wasn't quite as close as ours but they were still good friends and worked well together as a team.

Now that Maggie was a vampire and could know about everything, she became my best friend outside of the group, someone I could go to to complain about everyone else — including Jax, who I had a strong work-based relationship with by now.

Money was rolling in from my ghost-designer underground business, Angela was thriving in the fashion industry, we lived in the amazing traphouse, our enemies hadn't overcome us, and generally, life was pretty good.

The only worry I had was how Angela was going to handle having a baby when she was starting to struggle with her mental health. Something between being called too skinny and accused of being plastic had messed with her head the more fame she got, so her emotions began to get the better of her. Even with Brett there for her, she wasn't quite as confident as she used to be and I was scared that she wouldn't be able to push through to give her baby the love it would deserve.

Still, I hoped for her. I wished for her the absolute best because she was amazing.

Of course, it was hard to say I cared, though, when I wasn't even in the same country. Colby and I were in Hawaii, somewhere we only ever visited when another member of the clan had other commitments. While Angela was away on her honeymoon, we'd taken it upon ourselves to have our own honeymoon, and it was just as sweet as the last one — if not better.