240 - Rebecca

^ I'm just going to leave this here ^@ColbyBrockImagines8 🖤

@ColbyBrockImagines8 🖤

Enjoy one of the most anticipated chapters yet
Kiwi 🥝

I sipped coffee from a pristinely white mug and stared across a couple of rooftops at another terrace. Tara, in her infinite wisdom, had asked to have a day out with me and Katrina—a day—and her way of avoiding the sun was taking us to New York City whilst wearing sunglasses.

I had been hoisted unceremoniously over her shoulder before the world became a blur for many minutes, then dumped next to the underground and left for another few minutes. Tara had come back with Katrina in her arms and decided only then to explain what we were doing here.

"It's a day trip," she'd said, then stared at me with a small smile on her face. She'd fixed my hair, which she had ruined. "Come on, won't it be fun?"

"Fun? You could have warned me!" I had exclaimed. Now, though, my arguments were silenced, because I was sat on a rooftop terrace at a glass table with coffee, and that was enough to shut me up. Tara had of course known this.

By now, it was much darker than it had been when we arrived, so she'd ditched the sunglasses. I'd noticed the looks she was getting all day since it might as well have been raining, it was so cloudy. But no one batted an eye lid at her current "fashion."

As someone in the fashion industry, I could confirm it was not fashion at all.

Katrina had been silenced by food rather than coffee, so she was sat directly opposite me with a plate of crumbs left behind from a croissant. She said it was better than anything she'd eaten in LA for years. Tara said she knew it would be. When I said silenced, I meant in the sense that she wasn't complaining. There was very much still words coming out of her mouth—a lot of them. "I just don't get it, you know? He tries to make it seem like he's gonna do it for me but he never does."

"Give the man a chance. You only started asking last week," Tara laughed back.

"He's a vampire, Tara. He's capable of whisking me away any time he pleases just like you have today. I just don't get it."

Tara shook her head. "I think the vampire world has made you too impatient."

"Maybe," Katrina sighed. She caught my eye and gave me a gentle smile. "What?"

"I was just listening," I shrugged. "Thought maybe there's a reason he isn't taking you on any vacation yet. Could be staying for something."

"But what?" Katrina demanded. She was frowning at me, to which I shrugged and looked at Tara for help. She took over, so I turned my gaze back to the terrifying height we sat at.

"Well, we're still helping Jax with his quest—both to capture Blair and to generally find more vampires to add to his clan. And we haven't found all of Elliott's clan yet. They're still jumping out at random times trying to attack us."