•3•

Meredith had gotten home and started making some pasta for her and Lexie. Lexie was sitting at the tv in her wheels chair, watching below deck while Meredith cooked.

"I can't believe mcass was nice to you" Lexie chuckled and wheeled herself towards the kitchen. Meredith smiled and cracked open a can of sauce. "I think mark might have told him something after I opened up to him about my life out of work" Meredith licked her finger that was covered in sauce and smiled at lex.

"Was he like flirty nice or just kinda not being an ass?" Lexie asked and watched her sister stir the noddles.

"Kinda both... if that's a thing? A non ass flirt" she giggled. They both continued cooking for a while and then sat down at the couch with their food while watching tv.

"Well I hope he's a little nicer Mer. I don't want you working at a job you hate just for me" Lexie smiled warmly. Meredith looked up and smiled.

"Well either way I'll do anything to make sure you get that surgery" they both continued watching the show until they heard a knock at the door. Meredith looked over to Lexie and raised her eyebrow.

"Ooh! Can I get it?" Lexie asked and pleaded. Meredith smiled and nodded her head. Lexie wheeled herself to the door and opened it, shocked to see mcass standing there.

"Oh, hello... is Meredith home?" He asked and looked down at her, considering she was in a wheel chair she was short.

"No. She went to go grieve at my tombstone... I'm a ghost" Lexie said with no expression.

"Lexie your not dead and I'm not grieving!" He heard Meredith yell. She walked over to the door and opened it more. "Oh, chief shepherd... w-what are you doing here"

Lexie watched with a smile on her face as Meredith blushed and Derek smiled as soon as they started talking to each other.

"You uh... left your purse in your office, I thought you might want it" he smiled and handed it to her. She smiled and took the purse, setting it down on the counter.

"Thanks... um-" Lexie cut her off.

"She's a wreck when her crushes talk to her. Now all I'm gonna hear tonight is how much she loves you-"

"Lexie!" Meredith hit her arm and blushed. Derek smiled and looked at Meredith's sister who looked like quite the charmer.

"Im just saying Mer... you never stop talking about him-"

"Alexandra!" Meredith warned her one more time, this time a bit more serious. Derek kept smiling, not realizing how much of an idiot he probably looked like.

"Thanks chief you didn't have to do that..." she moved her hair to the side and smiled. Derek stared in awe for a moment. She has an amazing smile.

"I-uh... it was no problem you don't live far from me"  he chuckled and looked down at Lexie who was rubbing both her arms and making smooching faces.

"Anyways, have a good night... Meredith" she nodded and quietly closed the door. As soon as it shut he heard Lexie squeal.

"Eeeee! You have to totally date him!" He smiled and walked away.

"Lexie! He can probably still hear you!"

——

Derek got back home and set his keys down, sighing and taking his coat off. He went to the fridge and grabbed and water, drinking it all and throwing it out.

"Fuck what a day" he sighed and decided to go to bed.

——

The next morning Meredith was up and felt good for once. She was in her office before Derek was even at work and doing paperwork he had assigned her.