•4•

"I can't believe you guys kissed! Is he a good kisser?!" She asked and followed Meredith into her room.

"I can't believe we kissed either, and yes he's a good kisser" Meredith smiled and started folding clothes.

——

"You guys kissed!?" Mark followed Derek into his penthouse and got a drink out of the fridge. "Is she a good kisser?!" Mark asked as Derek took a sip of wine.

"I can't believe we kissed.... But yea, she's a amazing kisser" Derek smiled and thought of that kiss again.

"Well are you gonna ask her out?" Mark asked as Derek looked down.

"I-I don't think so... she just has a lot going on and the last thing she needs it a boyfriend who's her boss" he took another sip and sighed.

"Or the thing she needs is a boyfriend who happens to be her boss. She could probably use an extra hand with Lexie and could definitely use a man to take the stress off of her" mark suggested.

Derek looked up and smiled. "Ok I'll take her to lunch tomorrow, happy?" He asked. Mark smiled and clapped his hands.

"Ok now let's go watch bag watch" Derek laughed.

——

Come the next day, Meredith was in her office and it was about 11:40. She hadn't gotten much work from Derek this morning so she wasn't overly busy.

She heard a knock on her door and ran over to open it. "Chief, what can I do for you?" She asked and opened the door for him to come in.

"I uh- was grabbing some lunch and wondered if you maybe wanted to join me?" He asked and ran his hands through his hair. She smiled and reached to grab her heels.

"Sure, I haven't eaten yet either" she walked out with him. They both walked down to the cafe and waited at the buffet.

They found a table. Derek had gotten a salad and water while Meredith got a burger and fries. He smiled and watched her eat, wondering how much such a little person could eat.

"You must forgive me for being so quiet I'm not good at these things" Derek blushed and ate his salad. Meredith giggled and started eating her fries.

"If Lexie was here, she'd be saying all embarrassing stuff about me" Meredith smiled. Derek laughed and took a sip of his water.

They continued talking for about 30 minutes until Meredith was all done her food and just rambling to him about everything. Derek just sat there and listened with a smile.

Eventually, they had to go back up to their office's and get back to work. "I had a good time sir thank you" she smiled as they approached her office door.

"Please, call me Derek." He smiled and blushed. She bit her lip slightly and nodded her head. "Ok... Derek" she giggled and opened her door.

"And Meredith... I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier I had no right to do that and you didn't deserve that attitude. I was completely oblivious of what your life outside of the hospital was like, not that, that is a reason to act like that- all I wanted to say is I'm sorry and I'm lucky you even went out with me to lunch" he smiled.

She turned around and smiled at him. "I had a lot of fun..." she blushed and leaned up to give him a kiss on the cheek. He felt his heart flutter as she pulled away and smiled.

"Y-yea I... have- wor- work" he struggled forming sentences. She giggled and walked into her office, Derek did the same and walked to his.

——