•10•

Bit of a time jump

1 year later.

Meredith had moved into his apartment about 3 months ago. They hadn't broken up and rarely ever fought. Derek had never been so happy in his life. Everything about her was perfect.

The same went with Meredith. She loved him so much because he let her watch Luca 6 times a night. Well of course he had other things that she loved but she also loved Luca.

Meredith was working in her office when she heard the door open. She suspected it was Derek and kept working, until she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders.

"You didn't come home last night..." he whispered in her ear and left kisses along her neck.

"I know... a huge trauma came in and the nurses computers crashed" she sighed and leaned back. He smiled and continued rubbing her neck.

"Well I'm taking you out to dinner tonight so make sure your free" he kissed her again before walking out.

——

The rest Of the day went by fairly fast and it was time for Meredith and Derek to go home. She let him outside and they both got in the car, driving to their apartment and getting changed.

Meredith changed into a silk dress that was a peach colour with silver heals and a matching silver Chanel purse with her hair in a high pony and curled. Derek was just in a black suit.

Meredith walked out of the closet and saw Derek sitting on the bed. He looked up and smiled, standing up and walking over to her. "You look beautiful baby" he grabbed her hips gently and pulled her in for a kiss.

She giggled and fixed his tie. "Thank you handsome" they walked back out to his Porsche and started driving to the restaurant.

"So what's all this for?" She asked and out her hand on his. "Well I figured the only dates we've had for a while where cafe dates. Not that I mind them but I want to take you somewhere special" he smiled. She blushed and they both stayed silent for the rest of the ride.

About 20 minutes later they arrived at a fancy French restaurant. It was huge and looked like a spot for celebrities, she knew this was expensive. Derek got out and walked to her side, opening her door and taking her hand.

There where a few paparazzis where for pictures of Derek and Meredith. Obviously he always had someone on him, I guess that's what you get for being a multi millionaire.

They walked inside and where taken to a somewhat private room. There where other people there who had paid extra for private too.

They sat down at a table and the waiter came to grab their drinks.

"Yes can we have your finest wine-"

"Uh I'll actually just stick with a lemon water please" Meredith cut him off and smiled at the waiter.

He left and Derek looked at her. "You ok? You love Le courtùe wine" he asked and reached for her hand.

She smiled and nodded. "Yea I've just been really thirsty" she giggled as the waiter came and dropped their drinks off.

"And are you two ready to order?" He asked and grabbed his note pad out.

"Yes, Mer you can go" he smiled at her. She opened the menu and looked.

"I'll take the steak, medium rare with the house sauce and steamed veggies. Mashed potatoes and gravy, the garden salad with shredded chicken and the side of cheese balls please"

Derek looked up from her menu and looked at her with his eyebrows raised.

"And for you sir?" The waiter asked. "I'll just have the shrimp salad with lemon please" the waiter took their menus and left.