31| Purple Amethyst

『ARC THREE: AGENCIES AND CRYSTALS』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

To be honest, Akihiko did not know what was worse at the moment. Whether he preferred to be caught by a random thug that lurked in the alleyway or by his heroics teacher, neither seemed to be up to his liking. He preferred a stray kitten wandering inside instead. At least the cat would only scratch and not lecture him.

Snapping his fingers, a light thud echoed from Akihiko's palm as the fragments of blue diamond collapsed further into smaller shards. Slowly, they wiggled a bit before slipping free from their auric containment. They scattered once again to illuminate the darkness that surrounded them. Once they settled in certain places without the worry of them tipping over, the teenager pressed his lips together because he could not seem to find the correct words to sting together.

Lucky for him, actually, he's not certain if it was luck or not that Junpei piped up before the crystal's brain could formulate an answer. "Well, I didn't predict this outcome. Hi, Kohei-san!"

The sound of light footfalls was heard as Kohei stepped into the light of the diamond. His expression was sketched over with a bit of exhaustion, possibly from the meeting and staying late at Inscribe's agency. The adult had tilted his head slightly, narrowing his eyes and carrying himself in a way that was not his usual playful self. By then, the golden vines had reverted back into his normal hand. "Akihiko, what are you doing here of all places? Didn't Teshigahara leave you at your house? And Junpei, you're not even supposed to talk, let alone meet up with Akihiko until he returns to Mizu. Even then, your contact is limited."

All Akihiko did was fiddle with the end of the drawstrings on his jacket. He eventually tugged off his hood so his hair could illuminate the dim room a bit more. In a quiet tone, he replied, "Teshigahara did leave me at home. I jumped out my window after she left and while Tanami and Yua were fretting over Mocha."

"My, my! Did you sneak out? What a sly boy." Junpei commented as his eyes narrowed in curiosity. Acting as if he did not know this already. If one of the crystal shards randomly struck Junpei in the leg, Akihiko turned the other way while rolling his eyes. He also neglected the yelp that slipped from the other teen's lips.

"Why are the two of you here of all places?" Kohei raised a brow as he crossed his arms over his chest. His gaze was steeled, almost as if he was questioning a pair of Villains rather than questioning two of his students. The two boys felt a shiver run down their spines from the look.

Releasing a deep breath, Akihiko curled his fingers into tight fists. "I want to know why no one will tell me anything."

"Concerning what?"

"Everything. No one gives me any answer! You and Dad just brush past the question while he just talks in circles!" Jabbing a finger in Junpei's direction, Akihiko pressed his lips together. "What are you keeping from me? From Tanami? What have you not told us?"