03| Mizu Academī

『ARC ONE: EXAMS AND MISHAPS』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

A week had fluttered by quickly, just as fast as the flap of a hummingbird's wing. Mizu Academī's exams were about to take place.

Unlike the most popular hero school in Japan, U.A., who created individual heroes in a span of three years, Mizu created teams of heroes. Mizu only housed eight classes, seven hero teams of ten and one support team of eight for a total of seventy-eight students, which was less than one-third of the students that attended U.A.. There was also the fact that Mizu only grabbed students once every three years. Another thing that differed was that Mizu Academī accepted students with less than adequate Quirks.

This is where the terms Pillars and Powerhouses came from. Pillars were people with Quirks who have powers such as healing or tracking or even distraction. Which is where the name 'Pillar' came to mind. They support the team such as a pillar would support a structure. Powerhouses were people with strong Quirks in general, which is why they were given that name. Together, Pillars and Powerhouses come together to create a strong, solid team in order to complete missions and rescues as a whole.

After all, one person cannot achieve something a team of ten can accomplish.

If U.A. was the absolute best at creating heroes, Mizu was the absolute best at creating hero teams.

Tomohiro had graduated from Mizu. His first choice was U.A. but, he had not gained enough points during the entrance exam despite the fact that he rallied up rescue points. Either way, he failed. Shiketsu was another option but it was his least preferred school so he settled for Mizu after some bribery from his friends.

His original team of ten had split into two teams of five after a disagreement with his vice leader, Stormcaster at age twenty, two years after they all graduated. Tomohiro was left with four members of his original classmates: Phantom, Puppeteer, Charm, and Genesis. However, Genesis unexpectedly broke away from the team. She quit hero work without an explanation before disappearing without a trace. They tried to search for her but she was never found.

Anyway, that is enough about the past. Looking back did nothing good anyway. There is an exam that a certain trio has to take anyway.

At the current moment, Akihiko was in the middle of a dilemma.

Sunlight filtered through the thin light blue curtains draped over the window. It hit certain objects, brightening them while leaving the casts of shadows behind. Multicolored crystals littered the wooden desk pushed against the lavender colored wall, sheets of tedious math homework coating the surface as well. Different kinds of shoes were scattered on the carpet while the cherry blanket nearly touched it.

A scowl had found itself on Akihiko's face, tired lines drawn over his forehead. His bare feet sunk into the softness of the beige carpet, one hand resting on the frame while the other dropped to his side. Periwinkle eyes trailed up to the bundle hidden underneath a sprawl of blankets atop of the mattress.