02| School Mishaps

『ARC ONE: EXAMS AND MISHAPS』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Nine years later - Present time.

The warm rays of light bathed the bustling city in its grand blessing, breathing life into those who gratefully walked into its luminance. Puffy billows floated about in the sky in random spots as the wind eagerly pushed them across the cerulean sky. A fruitful breeze tickled the trees, blowing teasingly at the healthy leaves and playfully kissed the fragrant cherry blossoms. The beautiful chime of chirps emitted by the lavishing birds that dove down to settle themselves on the ground brightened the area around them.

A porpoise colored car hummed pleasantly down the pavement. It strummed past, the person inside shifting their gaze for a split second to read the silver plating with engraved lettering on the gold painted column connected to the elegant, auric fence.

Komorebi Middle School.

Komorebi was known to be a prestigious school, one of the top five middle schools to attend. Only those with high connections or those with exquisite test scores and grades could enter. Either way, to attend a school that was eight stories high and embellished with metallic designs of different flowers and sporting a frost paint was a dead giveaway that only certain children could attend. Not to mention the rows and rows of flourishing nature surrounding the structure.

Overall, the day had presented itself to be a joyous, peaceful one as everything was running its course smoothly- is what Tanami Mochizuki would like to say.

"You interrupt my reading once more, and this book will indeed become a projectile."

"Oh, please, enough with the snarky remarks. They're so loud that I can't even hear myself losing the will to live."

The faint glow of sunlight striking Tanami's crystal hair made the ivory table she sat at illuminate dimly. Propping one elbow onto the table with a heavy sigh, she placed the curve of her jaw into her palm. She picked at one of her carrots in her bento box, wondering if its meaningless life was worth the trouble of flinging it at her brother and their friend. With a deadpan stare, the fourteen-year-old girl watched with little interest at the banter between the two 'friends' that sat across from each other while she sat at the end of the table.

Settled perfectly in Akihiko's hands was an old green copy of some boring book that they had to read for English. The only part she got to was the part of someone dying and she deemed it to be lackluster and dropped it. His periwinkle eyes had narrowed and his lips had curled up mildly to form a scowl. His fingers lightly tightened around the cover, nails digging into the material. If you gazed close enough, you could see the crescent indents left behind. Sitting across from her twin brother was Kagemi Onishi, their longtime friend that lived next door to them.