07| Ticking Clock

『ARC ONE: EXAMS AND MISHAPS』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

"Inscribe, if ya don't make it within the time limit, then I guess yer two kids are going to disappear just like the other Heroes! I hope that motivates ya to move faster!"

The blood rushing through Tomohiro's veins suddenly turned ice cold. For a moment, his entire body froze like he was suddenly caught up in Puppeteer's Quirk. His arms stayed still at his side as he watched with little interest as the purple and golden doors slid open to reveal a corridor splitting into multiple pathways.

Did his ears deceive him? Did he hear the right thing?

The Hero's gaze lingered on the space where the woman resided before he stepped forth to inspect the twins. By the time he reached the bed, Tanami had already begun to sob. She wailed, big droplets of tears dribbling down her pale cheeks. Both her arms reached toward Tomohiro with her fingers spread out. Awkwardly, Tomohiro wrapped his arms around her small frame as she cried into his shoulder. He felt a squeeze at his hand.

Glancing downward, he saw the creak of blue as Akihiko gently wrapped his thin, bandaged fingers around his own.

His white eyes darted in between the two before he gave in. Promising himself and them, he said, "I assure you that nothing will even happen to either of you again."

Charm tucked a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear before lightly tugging on his grey cape. The shift of the fabric placed over his shoulders snapped Inscribe out of his daze. He tilted his head, hair shifting from the movement and releasing a few drops of ink onto his clothes. Almost in a confused manner, white eyes quickly moved to stare at Sumiko like she had told him the most atrocious story ever. Shishi gnawed on his pants, growling quietly in an attempt to get him talking. The dog started to yip when that did not work.

Her eyes narrowed, revealing a serious glint. "You heard the crazy lady. Sixty minutes. We got to get a move on."

Releasing her fingers from his cape, she stepped out of the elevator and into the hallway painted lavender with yellow triangles. The fluorescent lights dangling by wires that were attached to the ceiling flooded them in a light blue hue. Pressing a hand to the wall, Charm cocked her head back. "Are you going to come or am I going to have to drag you around? I'm not in the mood to hold your hand and lead you through a maze like a lost child in a grocery store. Too much of a hassle."

Tomohiro blinked thrice, and slowly emerged from the small space of the elevator. Shishi trekked behind him, tongue sticking out of its mouth. Tugging at the end of his glove, the ink Hero sighed heavily. Shaking his head, he walked up to her side. "Right, right. Sorry. That comment threw me in a spiral for a second."

"A second?" The blue-eyed woman placed a hand on her hip. "Just a second. You looked like someone just murdered your family in front of you."

"Shush you. You are not the one with two kids... who might disappear." Tomohiro struggled to release his final words. He began to tug on his gloves.