o n e

"Where's the medal??" Sunghoon looks up to his dad before he gets into the car with a frown. He points towards the medal that's around his neck, under his jacket. His dad does not hesitate and opens his jacket to take the medal.

"What are you doing???" Sunghoon asks but his dad just turns around and goes over to his side of the car with the medal. Sunghoon sighs and gets into the car, noticing that his mom is on the phone and it sounds like one of the many calls where he needs to attend an event.

Sunghoon is honestly so tired of everything he needs to do. His parents let him attend so many events that he already lost count. Year by year he gets the impression that his parents only care about his high accomplishments and high status in the ice skating world rather than their own son.

Ice skating has been his favorite thing to do since he was 4 and he would love to do it till he dies. His parents were always so proud of him but the more he won the more they saw the money and attention coming. Day in and out he needs to train from his parents and he's getting sick of it. He gets homeschooled so he has never been to a public school and he never gets to go out, so besides some ice skating friends he has no one.

Luckily he has his amazing sister, Mina, who he can always contact. She's a ballerina so she's gone a lot to tour around but when she's back she's all in Sunghoon's arms. The pressure they put on Mina is way less than they put on Sunghoon because she's older and she's not as popular as Sunghoon. That makes Sunghoon jealous but he's very happy for her.

All Sunghoon wants is a normal life where he can enjoy ice skating, have a good relation with his parents and go outside to explore stuff other than ice skating rinks.

"Sunghoon sweetie, tomorrow you will have dinner at Heeseung's house with his parents" His mom says as she just hang up the phone. Sunghoon rolls his eyes and sighs but his mom saw that. She turns around in her seat and pulls Sunghoon closer. "You are going because it's a big deal. You don't want the media to spread negativity about you and you don't want them to dislike you. Understand?"

"Yes mom..." Sunghoon softly says while avoiding eye contact with her. She lets him go and sits back on her seat in the right way. Sunghoon leans back and decides to contact his sister.