10

knock knock
i'm inside your room now
where is it you've hid?
our game of hide and seek's about to end

3RD PERSON

FLASHBACK

2 years ago

"changmin! i have big news!" the 17-year-old youngjae called out to his neighbour who was two years older than he was.

"i asked her out and she agreed!" youngjae leaped with joy as the older one smiled down at him. "woah youngjae, you're a grown man now," changmin lightly smacked the lad's arm. that day, youngjae stayed over for a bit, excited to share everything about how he managed to win a girls' heart.

"well, i failed twice but third time's a charm, right?" youngjae exclaimed and changmin delightfully listened to his energetic friend's story. changmin figured out it was a girl in youngjae's year - kim minju was her name.

they had hung out altogether a couple times. ji changmin could clearly see why youngjae had taken an interest in the girl. she was outspoken, intelligent and to add on, her energy level matched youngjae's perfectly. changmin could only grin as he happily celebrated their new relationship.

"my song is reckless by madison beer," the girl chimed as her eyes sparkled. the three had decided to share their deepest top secret - their songs. the songs that their soulmates would hear in their mind. changmin took note of that fact. he had often heard her singing the said song whenever the three of them hung out.

-

a year later, ji changmin turned 20 - the age where he could figure out his soulmate's identity. he had heard his soulmate's song. it was very familiar like as if he had heard it before.

"you might love her now, but you loved me first
said you'd never hurt me, but here we are
oh, you swore on every star
how could you be so reckless with my heart?"

then it hit him. it was kim minju's song. son youngjae's girlfriend was his soulmate. changmin felt partially bad that he would be the cause of their separation but something dark in him sparked as he watched the two spent almost all of their time together. changmin raised an eyebrow at the scene in front of him - it was youngjae and minju walking home together hand-in-hand. he had hidden not far away from them before they part ways and changmin did the unthinkable. he followed kim minju home.

"changmin?" her voice made him halt in his steps as changmin looked up to meet her eyes. for a moment, he could see her relax when she had seen him. "oh thank god. walk with me!" she scurried to walk next to him. his mind had other plans though. the walk way was dark. the streets were dimly lighted and no houses were in sight. 'silly girl' he had thought as he glanced down at her, before knocking her out.

-

kim minju regained her conscious in changmin's empty apartment. the first thing she did was to scream for help and the door bursted open as changmin walked in calmly. "changmin?" she called out. "it's q to you," he crossed his arms, staring down at the helpless girl who was tied up. "why are you doing this to me?" her voice quivered as she gazed at the floor, terrified of the male in the room.

"cause you're my soulmate"

-

"should i wait a few more days or kill you right now?" he spoke so casually as he toyed around with the sharp knife in his hands.

after almost two days, minju knew better than to reply him with snarky comebacks. he had sliced her thighs and arms whenever she talked back to him. the stinging pain never disappeared as her wounds stayed open causing her to wince once in a while.

"you've been bad - dating youngjae when you're mine and bad girls get punished," she heard q grumbled as his grip on the weapon tightened. her whimpers grew louder when q stepped closer.

"goodnight, love," and he stabbed her, directly on her heart. "oops," he shrugged when he was sure her lungs had stopped breathing and her heart no longer beat. ji changmin smirked. he was really reckless with her heart.

-

youngjae was more than just miserable - how would he or even she had known that they were not one anothers' soulmates. they were just teenagers at sweet eighteen. when ji changmin was arrested, youngjae would always remember what the male had uttered to him.

"son youngjae, mark my words. revenge is the best policy," changmin smiled an evil smile as he chuckled while being taken away.

it was no use either way. his mother bailed him off - using money to keep the mouths of everyone involved shut. "you'll get everything you want, just keep your mouth shut," youngjae remembered the woman's words. his 18-year-old self could not do much. he had no parents. he had no one except the ji family, until kim minju came. even she was gone by then.