14

ding dong
looks like i have won
now you're it
ding dong
pay the consequence

3RD PERSON

"hello?"
"this is seoul's police station. how can we help you today?"
"i think i found son youngjae and seo daeun,"

-

that morning at 8am, loud bangings on the door interrupted youngjae and daeun's sleep. "youngjae, wake up!" daeun urgently shook him awake. the male trudged out towards the front door, still half-asleep as he frowned. daeun clung close behind him.

"son youngjae, you are under arrest for murdering ji changmin and abducting seo daeun. you have the rights to remain silent and everything you say will be used against you,"the officer harshly pulled him outside, letting the other police officer cuff his hands. seo daeun gasped as they took youngjae away, the male could only flash a small smile at her before the car drove off.

someone had pulled her into a tight hug, and someone else hugged the both of them. she lifted her head up to meet the faces of her two friends - sunwoo and haknyeon. they looked horrible especially kim sunwoo. their faces were tear-stained and their eyes were bloodshot red. both of them looked as if they were deprived of sleep. "sunwoo! hak!" she exclaimed, finally tears brimmed up as they threatened to fall down her cheeks as she stayed in the embraces of her friends.

"ma'am, are you alright?" a paramedic came up to check on her. daeun could only nod. before she completely left the village, she met eyes with the head of the village who had silently watched the whole thing. daeun smiled a grateful smile in which he bowed to her. she knew - he was the one who reported their location.

the paramedics had taken her into the ambulance for a check-up at the hospital back in town. sunwoo and haknyeon trailed behind on a motorcycle.

"daeun!" she heard a female voice when she arrived at the hospital. her eyes searched around for the voice until it landed on an older couple - her parents. her lips parted as she sobbed. after she had seen them all broken and in a mess, she realised she had been missing them so much. seo daeun was reunited with her friends and family after she had been found.

meanwhile, the interrogation with son youngjae about ji changmin's murder was progressing very difficultly when the captor refused to cooperate.

"witness said he had seen your car in the news, so he called us to report," the detective in-charge stated.

"did you kill ji changmin?"

"no," youngjae sat in the interrogation room, face blank of any expressions.

"are you sure? forensics found your dna on his body - there was a bone that cannot be destroyed in the human body," the officer put forward an official forensics document for him to see. "the evidence is right here, why are you still denying it, son youngjae?"
because seo daeun shot him. but he knew there was no way they could tell it was her since only he had physically fought the lad.

no matter how good his crime was, someway or somehow, criminals would have to pay for the crimes they had committed.

-

"guardians of seo daeun?" the doctor called out.

daeun watched as her parents' expression changed from hopeful to extremely worried. she had no idea what the doctor had said but she knew it could not be good news.

"hello miss seo, you will be warded here in this hospital for further observation and to monitor your state.
due to the traumatic experience you had been put through, we will arrange you for therapy in the north wing of this hospital," she had heard the doctor said but her mind could only think of one person.

her first therapy session was not successful either. "how are you feeling, miss seo?" the female therapist had asked her. daeun could only nod or shake her head. when the questions got even more personal, daeun could only stare ahead as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"did you love him?" her question made daeun look up at the therapist. she paused as her gaze searched for him in the room. even the thought of him would suffice her longing for him.

"yes," she finally answered.

police officers visited her hospital room almost daily to get answers from her so that they could close the case and give youngjae his sentence.

"miss seo, please consider cooperating with us. we need to work for you to get your justice," the officer pleaded by her bedside.

"what if i don't want justice?" she mumbled to herself. "what?" the officer asked, unsure of what she had said.

"will youngjae be hurt?" daeun asked the officer. "no, if you cooperate with us so that we can help him," he had told her.

the officer lied.