11

i'm coming closer
looking underneath your bed but
you're not there, i wonder
could you be inside the closet?

3RD PERSON

"well, well, if it isn't our main character - seo daeun?" the male chuckled as he sat on the foldable chair opposite her.

"i'm not scared of you," her eyes were blank as she looked up at him, making q freeze for a bit. q raised an eyebrow at her, amused at her sudden bravery.

"ah killing you isn't fun if you have no fear in your eyes," q rolled his eyes as he twirled the knife around. his feet paced around the room, not minding the girl on the floor.

"sucks for you..," she retorted, sitting up.

"i could have escaped if it wasn't because of you," daeun chuckled, staring up at him, her face showed anger instead. daeun was agitated that he had ruined her only chance of escaping.

"blame son youngjae then," q shrugged, making the girl confused. did youngjae plan to have q on look-out duty? "he's a psychopath. why are you still with him, dear daeun?" q frowned, sounding sympathetic towards the girl.

"okay? and you're not better either way," daeun stared at him up and down as if she was judging the male.

"be extra careful ji changmin. you should expect the unexpected always," she chuckled.

"shut your mouth or i'll stab you," his voice dropped a lower octave as his eyes turned dark.

-

the huge doors of the run-down warehouse bursted open strongly, alarming q. son youngjae walked in calmly.

"eric son," q smirked, "you're here to join us once again."

"q, you're doing this again?" eric frowned as he stood a few feet away from the male. the stand-off lasted a while as the girl frowned at the males. she diverted her gaze onto the duct tape wrapped tightly around her wrists. 'i know i've seen this somewhere,' the girl thought as she attempted to recall the survival technique.

"revenge is the best policy," q had said. it reminded eric of the incident two years ago. all the messy blood stains and sharp knife, and how he had regretted not sending the deceased girl home directly.

son youngjae, mark my words. revenge is the best policy.
mark my words.
revenge is the best policy.
revenge.

ji changmin wanted revenge. but after recalling what had happened, eric's blood boiled and he was determined to fight blood that night. a physical fight occured between the men as q swiftly tried to attack with his knife while eric defended himself. the gun in eric's hand was kicked away from him, landing on a space near seo daeun. while the two men were distracted with fighting one another, daeun raised her wrists above her head before slamming her elbows into her ribcage causing the duct tape to tear as she freed her wrists. using her hands, she forced apart her legs to break the duct tape restraining her ankles. 'really q? duct tape?' the girl glanced at the man before she reached out for the gun.

a loud yelp made her alarmed as she spotted eric on the floor and q with his back towards her. the foldable chair made a great weapon when she slammed it against q's head from behind, making the latter drop to the floor not far away from eric. while q was groaning in pain from the hard impact, eric desperately attempted to crawl to her side despite the stab wound on his left leg. q's eyes widened when he saw the girl towering above him, the smile on her face remained as she stared down at his vulnerable and weak self. 'expect the unexpected' he recalled her words.

"ji changmin, do me one last favor," daeun said, aiming the gun straight at his head. "die" she uttered out, pulling the trigger and q fell backwards onto the hard cement floor.

eric dropped a lighted match on changmin's body before limping out of the warehouse with daeun's support. he winced as he stepped on the accelerator before driving away. the small fire had escalated to a bigger one as they watch the whole warehouse burn through the rear-view mirror.

"are you okay?" daeun asked, her eyes lingered onto his injured leg that he had urgently tied a spare cloth on. he could just nod as he focused on the road.

"we're going somewhere far, far away, daeun. go to sleep," that was the last she heard him say before her vision switched off to pitch black.