12

ding dong
i have found you
ding dong
you were hiding here
now you're it

seo daeun regained her conscious and she felt the car moving in silence. an almost empty gas station came into view as eric drove into it, pulling over. the girl closed her eyes, pretending to sleep which made eric got out of the car on his own before disappearing into the convenience store at the gas station. her eyes travelled around to find even small clues of where they were until her gaze stopped at a very familiar motorcycle and figure at the petrol kiosk next to hers. kim sunwoo.

coincidentally, kim sunwoo was on his motorcycle at the same gas station. he had refilled his fuel tank, not suspecting anything until he heard knockings from the car next to him. "seo daeun?" he whispered to himself, as he widened his eyes at the sight of the girl who had gone missing. he knew something was wrong when he had gotten a text from her about moving abroad.

as quickly as he could, sunwoo hurried to her side and swung the door open. his arm wrapped around her waist to bring her out as he desperately attempted to bring her away to safety. they made it to sunwoo's motorcycle as daeun urgently hugged his torso, the feeling of adrenaline engulfed her as she thought, 'this is it. the day i'm brought back to safety.'

sunwoo urgently turned the engine on to move off but a strong hand gripped onto his arm. sunwoo's fearful eyes met with eric's piercing ones. eric was rapid enough to catch them.

"give her back to me," eric demanded, his grip still on sunwoo's arm.

"no!" sunwoo retorted, struggling to push away the male's hand. seo daeun had already given up. "sunwoo, go!" daeun pleaded for sunwoo to go for his own safety. "please, eric. let him go. take me!" and she begged for eric to not harm her friend as she willingly stayed with him.

she knew she was in greater danger then after another attempt to run away. eric's grip on her tightened as he forcefully dragged her back into the car. "eric-" she started. but the male violently pressed her against the seat by her neck. "one more word from you, daeun. i will not hesitate to kill you," eric lashed out at her before he drove off - fast - out of the gas station and towards the dark, dark woods.

-

KIM SUNWOO

i saw her and i had her with me. after months, i finally found her but i could not save her. that bastard.

"sunwoo?" the voice on the other line called out. "hak, i saw her. we have to get to the police station now!" i urgently informed him through the phone, before accelerating down the empty road back to town.

i knew i stood no chance against son youngjae alone. that jerk was strong and psychotic - i definitely needed back up. without myself knowing, i started to tear up probably from how i had seen how horrible daeun looked. i could not imagine what she had been through and how she was all alone all these months with that son of a - .

-

"sir, our team have been on look-out for your missing friend. please calm down," the officer tried to reason it out while haknyeon held onto my arms, restricting myself from attacking the officer.

"i saw her! i held her! i was about to save her until that bastard took her away again!" i screamed out and i was aware the whole station was looking at me at that moment. i did not care. these police officers were not doing their job. if they were, daeun would have been saved months ago.

"calm down and give us all the information you have about your encounter with her," finally, a higher ranking officer stepped forward and ushered us to take a seat. haknyeon sat next to me as he stayed silent.

i stared at the monitor screen, re-reading what the officer had typed out according to my statements.

i was on my usual night ride out of town when i stopped by a gas station near xx village. i heard knocking from the black car at the gas station and i saw seo daeun in the passenger seat. i had taken her out of the car and onto my motorcycle, ready to drive off back here to the police station, but the man - son youngjae - demanded to return her to him. daeun started crying and telling me to go. she was also begging youngjae to not hurt juhaknyeon and i, kim sunwoo.

"do you know the relations between daeun and son youngjae?" the officer asked.

"he could be her soulmate. before she disappeared on her 20th birthday, she said she heard a song in her head," haknyeon answered on my behalf. the officer could only nod as he continued to type on his keyboard.

after the police station incident, i gave haknyeon a lift home. "sunwoo, you okay?" he had asked as he alighted from my motorcycle. "hak, i just couldn't believe i found her and i lost her," i mumbled out. "it'll be fine. she'll be back with us soon," i could see that haknyeon was breaking inside too but he had put up a tough front, patting my back as he comforted me.

seo daeun, we're coming to save you and son youngjae, we're coming for you bastard.