𝐯𝐢𝐢. ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴏɴs ᴅᴇɴ

07 : Into The Lions Den

LOGAN NEVER LET HIS GAZE LEAVE THE VAMPIRES IN FRONT OF HIM

LOGAN NEVER LET HIS GAZE LEAVE THE VAMPIRES IN FRONT OF HIM. He moved to stand in front of Bella and her lover, Alice by his side. His fingers twitched and his chest rumbled in warning. The Fae knew he could take the vampires, but he couldn't risk it until he knew Bella was out of harm's way.

"Come on, guys, it's a festival." The Seer smiled and placed a hand on Logan's arm, silently ordering him to relax and stand down. "We wouldn't want to make a scene."

"No we would not." Logan agreed and leaned back, arms crossing over his chest. "I assume Aro would like to speak with us."

"And how do you know about Aro, human?" A bell-like voice spoke up from the shadows and Logan turned to face where the sound had come from. A girl who had to be 18 or younger walked forward. Her red lips pulled into a tight line, crimson eyes clashed with her dark eyeshadow that complimented her dark outfit. Her blond hair was pulled into a bun, showing off her beautiful, and young features. She looked innocent and sweet, but Logan could see the devilish glint in her ruby eyes.

"Let's just say the kings and my mother are old friends." He gave the young blonde a smirk and then his eyes flashed electric blue. "And I'm not human, little one."

The girl narrowed her eyes at Logan, but the Fae stood his ground. He knew all about Jane Volturi, her reputation among the supernatural world was wicked. And although he was not immune to her gift, if worse came to worse - he would be able to incapacitate her long enough to subdue her.

"Follow me." The order was clipped out and Logan nodded to his niece and her friends. His strides were confident as he followed after the small vampire.

The castle was beautiful and reminded him much of the one he lived in in Zyanna. But, he didn't dwell on that thought long as he and the others all gathered into an elevator.

Logan almost laughed as Opera music filled the small space, but instead he placed a hand on Bella's shoulder - giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I think this would classify as more awkward than your father, Bella-boo." His sentence earned a small giggle from the brunette and she gave his hand a pat as she snuggled more into Edward.

And although he was risking his neck for the bronze-haired idiot, Logan was still going to pummel him for the pain the vampire caused his niece.

When the elevator dinged, Logan and Jane were the first ones out. The two walked in stride as they came upon a human sitting at a secretary's desk. The woman spoke quickly in Italian and gave the group a beaming smile.

"Does she know?" Bella asked, leaning on Edward as they approached the doors, the receptionist's heartbeat fading behind them. Logan's fist clenched as his head fell onto the mahogany wood.

"Yes." Edward answered.

"Then why - She wants to be." Bella whispered, realization hitting her as she looked back at Alice who met her gaze with a shrug and a sad smile.

"And so she will be." Demetri piped up from behind, Bella tensing in response.

"Or dessert." Jane mumbled, smirking as she pushed open the doors, the sound echoing through the large room and eventually closing as the group entered the room.

"Sister-" Logan nearly tripped at the voice. "They send you to get one and you come back with two and two halves. Such a clever girl."

The Fae could already hear Kyle's I told you so as his gaze fell upon the young brunette vampire in front of him. He appeared to be around 18, just like the girl. His hair fell over his ruby eyes in a bang and his pouty lips were pulled into a sadistic smirk. Logan could tell he was taller than the vampire by maybe 6 or 7 inches and could make out the muscles through his uniform even though his stature was lean.

Fate was such a bitch sometimes.

"Actually, wouldn't it be three than, Darling?" Logan swallowed back his nerves and tilted his head with a mischievous grin. The brunette seemed to stumble at the ravenette's voice and his eyes widened.

"That- that's not possible." Was the vampire's reply and Logan chuckled before looking up at the king's - face going serious.

"It's been a long time." Logan greeted and took a step forward.

"And who are you?" Caius hissed and the Fae smirked and let his eyes flash blue. He shrugged his jacket off and rolled his shoulders.

Everyone tensed as the Fae's back began to shift and crack and Bella's eyes nearly fell out of her head when two onyx black wings ripped through the shirt that covered Logan's upper half.

"My name is Logan Swan, son of Astrid Gallows and grandson of Octavian Gallows." The Fae addressed and gave a nod in greeting.

Aro smirked and gave a bow of his head in return. "Then let me give you a proper welcome, King Logan. It is not everyday we are able to host the king of the Faes."