𝐱𝐢𝐢. ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ

12 : It Will Be Alright[Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ! Sᴀᴅ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ!]

[Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ! Sᴀᴅ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ!]

WHEN LOGAN WAS EIGHT HE FELL OFF HIS BIKE AND CHARLIE WAS THERE TO PICK HIM UP, WAS THERE TO COMFORT HIM

WHEN LOGAN WAS EIGHT HE FELL OFF HIS BIKE AND CHARLIE WAS THERE TO PICK HIM UP, WAS THERE TO COMFORT HIM. When Logan's grandfather died, Charlie and Sam were his rocks.

Now, he was theirs.

Logan stood as stoic as could be while Charlie delivered a speech from in front of Harry Clearwater's casket. The Fae kept a hand on young Seth's shoulder while he kept Leah's hand in a tight grip.

God this wasn't supposed to happen so soon. Seth wasn't supposed to shift yet, and Leah wasn't supposed to shift at all - but fate could be such a bitch.

As the funeral dragged on, Logan could feel exhaustion seep into his body. And when he returned to the Swan house, Bella immediately wrapped him in a hug.

"Where's dad?" Bella asked as she pulled back and Logan bit his lip, a deep breath leaving his lips.

"He went back to the Clearwater's, the tribe is having a ceremony in honor of Harry. I told him I would come back to keep an eye on you." His eyes narrowed. "And Edward has eleven seconds to get the fuck out of your room or I will kill him."

Bella blushed as the sound of feet padded down the stairs and soon Edward came face to face with the glare of Logan Swan.

The mind-reader knew Logan didn't like him, it was common knowledge and yet Edward didn't understand why Logan's opinion mattered so much in his girlfriend's eyes. From what he knew Logan had left when Bella was young, but from what Alice had said - it was best to keep in Logan's good graces.

"What the hell are you doing here Cullen?" Logan hissed and Edward glared back.

"I've come to see Bella."

"You've seen her." The Fae's eyes narrowed. "Now go."

"Why don't you go back to your mate?" The bronze-haired male sneered and Logan's growl shook the house.

Within a second he had Edward pinned to the nearest wall, his eyes flared electric blue and his teeth seemed to sharpen. "Keep Alec out of this, you Ken doll want to be." His grip on Edward's neck was tightened to the point cracks appeared on the stone-like skin. "You are lucky Bella loves you or I would already have killed you."

With one last growl, he dropped the vampire to the floor and turned to face his niece who had watched the whole thing with a blank face. Logan was worried until Bella flashed him a small smile and she shrugged. "Go see Alec, I'm sure he is lonely."

"Thank you, Bella." He muttered and as he walked by, Logan kissed her cheek. "I'll be back tomorrow and get the idiot out of here by midnight."

And then his was gone.

ALEC WAS SITTING AT THE KITCHEN COUNTER WHEN LOGAN CAME HOME

ALEC WAS SITTING AT THE KITCHEN COUNTER WHEN LOGAN CAME HOME. The vampire only glanced at him briefly before turning his attention back to the wall.

"How was your day?" Logan asked as he slid his jacket off his shoulders. His question was met with no answer. "Prince?"

"Why am I here?" Alec finally asked. His voice cracked and the sound made Logan wince.

"What do you mean?" Logan asked and when Alec turned to look at him, the Fae's eyes widened at the venom that was glazed over his ruby eyes.

"Why am I here, Logan? You are never here, you don't know me! I shouldn't be here! I need to be at the Volturi, where I belong! I need to him with Jane!" Alec snapped, his voice rising with every word and Logan sighed.

"Oh, Alec," Logan muttered and the vampire hissed at him.

"No! I don't want your apologies - I want to go home!" The brunette growled and Logan narrowed his eyes.

"I understand you're upset and yes I know that I've been distant - but I have been busy." Logan tried to reason, and Alec gave a humorless laugh.

"So much for caring for me then, huh? And just when I thought about giving you the benefit of a doubt." Alec turned to walk back to his room, but Logan was in front of him before he could.

The vampire's eyes widened when they fell onto Logan's face. The Fae's chest was heaving and his eyes were red with unshed tears. His chin wobbled and his fists shook as tremors racked his body.

"I-" He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, I- I have never done this and I-I don't know what to do. I understand you're mad and I under-understand you probably hate me and want to leave - just please let me make this up to you."

Yet, despite his speech, Alec could see a deeper pain in Logan's eyes and he slowly reached a hand up to the Fae's face. His thumb traced under the raventette's blue eyes and his other hand came up to his chest.

"Shhh, Logan." The vampire whispered. "It will be alright, Logan."

And as Logan collapsed on the floor in a fit of sobs, Alec still held him, running fingers through his hair.

"It will be okay Logan."