The Turning

((TW: Blood, gore))

It was one of the most gruesome sights he had ever seen: the cutting, the blood everywhere, his daughter hissing at the light. He would never forget the sights, the sounds. If he could dream, they would haunt his nightmares. His wife was shrieking like a banshee, biting down with such force it convinced him she would break right through. He wanted to be sick. His head felt dizzy and his mind felt like it was on fire witnessing this.

Then the doctor suddenly handed him his little girl, wrapped in blankets, looking bloody but so beautiful. Her tiny fingers and toes reached out as she slowly squirmed less and less. She was the most perfect thing he had ever held, and for a moment, his mind was at peace. He held her carefully, supporting her head and making sure she was warm, keeping the blanket tightly wrapped. "Sibella..."

The peace was too brief, and he heard the doctor rip his son from her, too. Then suddenly his little angel was out of his arms, snatched away by the doctor with a command of 'turn her.' It was all happening so fast. His children—his wife—he felt so lost.

When Sibella was taken from him, it snapped him back to reality. Natalia screamed out, 'is he alive,' and terror settled into his chest. He had not seen the boy move! The doctor had not confirmed! How could this happen? He was torn between taking off after the doctor and turning his wife. However, there really was only one choice, as much as it hurt his heart.

Marcello knelt down and consumed as much of her blood as he could. It was everywhere, but not easily drinkable. However, he needed to fill himself with as much as he could so he could return it to her. Since it was already pre-tainted, he hoped it would easily flush through his system and back into her. He licked the blood pooling on her body before digging into some of her wounds.

He heart Natalia's screams, and it tore at his soul. He didn't want to hurt her. The pain she must be experiencing!

Suddenly, he could feel her blood coursing through him, giving him that rush of energy and satisfaction. He picked up the knife on the bed beside her and sliced down his wrist. A finger or palm would take too long, and his neck would be too awkward of an angle for her to easily drink. Gritting his teeth, he waited until he could see a strong gush of blood before pulling the knife out. He pressed his wound over her mouth. Trying hard to not look at her mangled body. When felt her lips touched to his wound and start to drink, then he closed his eyes. Praying to every god he could think of that she would turn.

Natalia had felt all her life force draining from her body, and she couldn't imagine how anyone came back from this. She'd asked he wait to change her if he could, but there was nothing he could do. Everything hurt terribly, but then she could feel him digging into her and inhaling her blood. She hoped she would forget the feeling of being ravaged alive by her husband when it was done. She knew he had to. He had no choice, but it was still horrifying; and she yowled like a dying animal. Then suddenly, there was blood pouring into her mouth. She felt like she was choking on it. It tasted foul.

She couldn't breathe. She choked on the liquid pouring into her mouth, stifling her. Despite more blood flowing in than out, it felt like her heart was slowing. Terror coursed through her. Her emerald eyes looked to his, which were tightly closed. And then... she felt nothing.

She wasn't breathing. Her heart stopped. There was no pain.

Her eyes wider than they'd ever been and grew as crimson as the blood surrounding them. Then her body contorted, pulling her away from his wrist. She shrieked as her body knit itself back together. It was as bad as the tearing apart had been. Her whole body felt like it was on fire, and she started vomiting blood. Sitting straight up, Natalia grabbed at her throat. She couldn't speak and clawed at her own skin, feeling like something was crawling all over her.